• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First Timer

VegasMom

Hi everyone!!!! I've been a long time reader of the forum but have yet to open carry until today. I have a crazy woman who is stalking me after a Craigslist dispute. She threatened the safety of my children. I have reported her and am in the process of getting a restraining order but for my own piece of mind, I will be taking my PPS out every time I leave the house so I can protect my family. This group seems like such a supportive bunch. This is one hell of a way to jump into open carry so wish we luck and hope I don't have any issues that arise. I'll post where I carried in the appropriate section as things progress.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
Welcome to the forum!

It's great that you are taking responsibility for the safety of your family. Hopefully the crazy woman will stop stalking you.

28kfps

Researching first before open carrying shows the want to be aware of the responsibility needs to open carry. Welcome, Vegas Mom. Is there a Vegas Dad? Noting says safe family more than seeing a mom and dad open carrying.
I hope the site of you being armed will help encourage the crazy lady to move on and bug someone else.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Welcome! Thank you for taking your personal safety into your own hands. It's a bummer when you feel you NEED to, though. Good for you for getting the harassment documented, also.

Keep us posted; we care!

vegaspassat

Welcome to the forums! You've definitely come to the right place for like minded people and support. Very sorry to hear about your situation, but as they say "Necessity is a mother...." Or something along those lines :lol:

VegasMom

Thanks guys! The stalker situation still has not been resolved. She's been sending emails and calling my house at all hours and hanging up. She's an adult, not a moody teenager, I swear. The police say she's more of an annoyance than a threat and won't do anything until she physically comes near my family. So much for protection. I really didn't expect much from North Las Vegas. I've been carrying my PPS and have gotten some looks when I'm out with the kids without my husband but I'm not sure if it's the gun or me. I usually get dirty looks and occasionally comments because I look really young and have 3 kids. So to answer your question, yes there is a Vegasdad but he does not currently carry. He needs a holster for his new purchase. Are there any kid friendly meetups planned? I can't wait to get to meet all of you but I'm a nursing mom so it's hard to get away from the littlest one (also the reason I post at odd times). The two older ones (almost 6 and 4) are also shooters and love being around people they can talk about their guns with.

Merlin

Many of our meet ups are kid friendly. We just did a BBQ, and my boys had a blast. I'm thinking we should try to do something in early November before it gets too chilly.

Maybe something in City of Las Vegas this time? :) hint...hint..

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

bradbury234

Welcome and you made a great decision to open carry. It's a shame that someone has to feel important by stalking you. I have youngings myself and know that feeling. Welcome again and hope your journey is a safe one.:monkey

DooFstersGirl

Hey there! I'm a mom of two and I carry as well as my husband. I'm a stay home mom so I'm always looking for someone to hang out with or whatever. My kids are 4 and 16 months. I'm 25 so I get what you mean about the looks LOL. Feel free to PM me on here if you ever want to hang out or anything. You can also email me at megangrazziani@Gmail.com
I live on Nellis AFB, as my husband is Active Duty Air Force.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

VegasMom

I wish it had been resolved. The latest thing crazy girl did was call an abortion clinic and make an appointment in my name. I'm not really sure what she was trying to accomplish by doing that. Obviously, I'm not pregnant. We're trying to ignore her and hope she goes away. Still carrying when I leave the house but really haven't left the house much. I did get a few looks at kindergarten drop off when people saw the empty holster.

The Big Guy

I wish it had been resolved. The latest thing crazy girl did was call an abortion clinic and make an appointment in my name. I'm not really sure what she was trying to accomplish by doing that. Obviously, I'm not pregnant. We're trying to ignore her and hope she goes away. Still carrying when I leave the house but really haven't left the house much. I did get a few looks at kindergarten drop off when people saw the empty holster.

Be very careful as even possessing a firearm locked in your trunk while on school or daycare property is a serious crime. If someone sees your holster and deduces from that you have a firearm in your car, calls the cops, you could be in trouble.

Just a word of warning.

TBG

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

How did you determine who made the call?

Presume that you are keeping a record and have been in touch with the local constabulary.

VegasMom

yes I have kept calling the police and they still refuse to do anything until she physically comes near my family. As for the school issue, I park on the street in the adjoining neighborhood so my firearm is never on school property. Am I wrong about this?

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
... I park on the street in the adjoining neighborhood so my firearm is never on school property. Am I wrong about this?

Yes this is legal in NV. There is technically a Federal gun-free school zone, but it is not enforced in NV. The details are all over the internetz, but unless you are across the street dealing drugs or gang-banging, don't give it a second thought.