• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in St. Charles

osmanobma

"Other answers, come on out to JJ's. If you do not have a CCW do not OC."

Now I am confused Marc, Last we spoke didn’t this apply to St. Peters Mo only and Not St. Charles City? So now we need an CCW to OC in St. Charles City as well? This still makes no sense to me.. A permit to carry concealed needed to carry open? Hu ?

here is a list of most places in the st louis and st charles counties where you can open carry (with or without ccw permit) and where you cant. this list is up to date as of couple months ago. so if any city changed the law with in the past few months it may be incorrect

Open Carry (24):

St. Louis County

• Ballwin
• Crestwood
• Chesterfield* (weird case here, some hunting law keeps you from open carrying on private property without permision or something.)
• Ladue
• Des Peres
• Eureka
• Pacific
• Richmond Heights
• Sunset Hills
• Hazelwood
• Bellefontaine Neighbors
• Brentwood
• Bridgeton
• Beverly Hills
• Huntleigh
• Warson Woods
• Black Jack
• Ferguson
• Jennings
• Green Park

St. Charles County

• St. Charles
• Lake St. Louis
• Weldon Spring

Open Carry With Permit:
(18)
St. Louis County

• Clayton
• Creve Coeur
• Manchester
• Twin Oaks
• Florissant
• Webster Groves
• O’Fallon
• Bella Villa
• Bellerive
• Glendale
• Pagedale
• Pasadena Hills
• Moline Acres
• Riverview

St. Charles County

• St. Peters
• Wentzville
• Warrington
• Cottleville

Communist (17):

St. Louis County

• Kirkwood
• Ellisville
• Fenton
• Maryland Heights
• Town and Country
• Valley Park
• Wildwood University City
• Clarkson Valley
• Maplewood
• Crystal Lake Park
• Olivette
• Overland
• St. Ann
• St. John
• Rock Hill

St. Charles County

• Foristell

Last edited:

mspgunner

Looks like a good list, remember this can change! I was going to actually go to Manchester and Ballwin to look for myself, (I live close) did you happen to go to these?

here is a list of most places in the st louis and st charles counties where you can open carry (with or without ccw permit) and where you cant. this list is up to date as of couple months ago. so if any city changed the law with in the past few months it may be incorrect

Open Carry (24):

St. Louis County

• Ballwin
• Crestwood
• Chesterfield* (weird case here, some hunting law keeps you from open carrying on private property without permision or something.)
• Ladue
• Des Peres
• Eureka
• Pacific
• Richmond Heights
• Sunset Hills
• Hazelwood
• Bellefontaine Neighbors
• Brentwood
• Bridgeton
• Beverly Hills
• Huntleigh
• Warson Woods
• Black Jack
• Ferguson
• Jennings
• Green Park

St. Charles County

• St. Charles
• Lake St. Louis
• Weldon Spring

Open Carry With Permit:
(18)
St. Louis County

• Clayton
• Creve Coeur
• Manchester
• Twin Oaks
• Florissant
• Webster Groves
• O’Fallon
• Bella Villa
• Bellerive
• Glendale
• Pagedale
• Pasadena Hills
• Moline Acres
• Riverview

St. Charles County

• St. Peters
• Wentzville
• Warrington
• Cottleville

Communist (17):

St. Louis County

• Kirkwood
• Ellisville
• Fenton
• Maryland Heights
• Town and Country
• Valley Park
• Wildwood University City
• Clarkson Valley
• Maplewood
• Crystal Lake Park
• Olivette
• Overland
• St. Ann
• St. John
• Rock Hill

St. Charles County

• Foristell

osmanobma

Looks like a good list, remember this can change! I was going to actually go to Manchester and Ballwin to look for myself, (I live close) did you happen to go to these?

well i havent open carried in over a month. but i have open carried in ballwin park (i think thats the name of the park), the one right next to the police station. and i have open carried in the walmart in manchester (the one at 141 and manchester road).

i live close too. (on strecker road) in wildwood, even though i have a ballwin zip code.

Last edited:

mspgunner

well i havent open carried in over a month. but i have open carried in ballwin park (i think thats the name of the park), the one right next to the police station. and i have open carried in the walmart in manchester (the one at 141 and manchester road).

i live close too. (on strecker road) in wildwood, even though i have a ballwin zip code.

I was going to go to both of those City Halls this week and check their local laws, did you happen to go there and check? It would save me a trip if you did.

I'll PM you too.

mspgunner

We are almost neighbors! WOW, that's 3 OCers in Wildwood..... NO OC Wildwood!

osmanobma

I was going to go to both of those City Halls this week and check their local laws, did you happen to go there and check? It would save me a trip if you did.

I'll PM you too.

well no. i did look it up online though. and this is what the manchester code says:

SECTION 210.270: WEAPONS -- CARRYING CONCEALED -- OTHER UNLAWFUL USE

A. A person commits the offense of unlawful use of weapons if he/she knowingly:

1. Carries concealed upon or about his/her person a knife, a firearm, a blackjack or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use;

2. Sets a spring gun;

3. Discharges or shoots a firearm;

4. Exhibits, in the presence of one or more persons, any weapon readily capable of lethal use in an angry or threatening manner;

5. Possesses a firearm or projectile weapon while intoxicated;

6. Carries a firearm or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use; (this appears to ban carry of any type open or concealed)

7. Carries a firearm, whether loaded or unloaded, or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use into any school, onto any school bus, or onto the premises of any function or activity sponsored or sanctioned by school officials or the district school board.

D. Subparagraphs (1), (6) and (7) of Subsection (A) of this Section shall not apply to any person who has a valid concealed carry endorsement issued pursuant to Sections 571.101 to 571.121, RSMo., or a valid permit or endorsement to carry concealed firearms issued by another State or political subdivision of another State.

(and this appears to be the part that exempts people with ccw permits.

so this leads me to believe that you can open carry in manchester with a ccw.

and this is ballwin.

Sec. 17-54. - Weapons generally.

(a)
It shall be unlawful for any person to wear under his clothes, or to conceal about his person, or to display in a threatening manner any dangerous or deadly weapon including, but not by way of limitations, any pistol; revolver; slingshot; blackjack; cross-knuckles or knuckles of lead, brass or other metal; or any bowie knife, dirk, dagger, razor or any knife resembling a bowie knife or having a blade in excess of 2½ inches in length; or any other dangerous or deadly weapon.
(b)
It shall be unlawful for any person to sell, offer to sell, display, use, possess or carry any knife having the appearance of a pocket knife, the blade of which can be opened by a flick of a button, pressure on the handle or other mechanical contrivance. Any such knife is hereby declared to be a dangerous or deadly weapon and shall be subject to forfeiture to the city as provided in this section.
(c)
Every person convicted of any violation of this section shall forfeit to the city such dangerous or deadly weapon so concealed or displayed.
(d)
Nothing in this section shall be construed to forbid United States marshals, sheriffs, constables and their deputies and any regular, special or ex officio police officer; or any other law enforcement officer of the United States, the state, the county or the city; or any other authorized member of the city government from carrying or wearing, while on duty, such weapons as shall be necessary in the proper discharge of their duties.
(e)
It shall be the duty of every police officer, upon making any arrest and taking such a concealed weapon from the person of the offender, to deliver the same to the evidence custodian of the police department, to be held by him until the final determination of the prosecution for such offense; and upon a finding of guilt, it shall then be the duty of the chief of police to dispose of such weapon as directed by the municipal judge.
(Code 1973, § 16-40)
State law reference— Weapons offenses, RSMo 571.010 et seq.; unlawful use of weapons, RSMo 571.030.

mspgunner

I just checked the muni codes in Manchester and Ballwin, good to go.
A point though.... OC is NOT common there. If you have a LEO encounter be very familiar with how to handle one.
There are a lot of youtube videos, spend time watching them. Learn to keep your moth shut.
I'll admit I'm not the best in the world in interpreting mumi codes such as the two here.
CCW required..... Not really sure. while I appreciate not everyone has a CCW endorsement, it's not a bad idea to take the firearms safety class. There are about more than just getting your CCW, they are about safety.

mspgunner

OC out to breakfast or lunch - STL area

I have some Sundays free for an OC breakfast/lunch if STL area people are interested. JJ's is one of my favorite places because the owner welcomes OCers with no issues whet so ever and it is easy for STL Co. folks and St. Charles Co. folks to get there.

Pourchdog can assure us good seats! (Can't you?)

March 10th 11:00 sounds goods good for JJ's.

Anyone game?

http://www.jjsstcharles.com/

Last edited:

kylemoul

I have some Sundays free for an OC breakfast/lunch if STL area people are interested. JJ's is one of my favorite places because the owner welcomes OCers with no issues whet so ever and it is easy for STL Co. folks and St. Charles Co. folks to get there.

Pourchdog can assure us good seats! (Can't you?)

March 10th 11:00 sounds goods good for JJ's.

Anyone game?

http://www.jjsstcharles.com/

Unless I'm out trout fishing maybe. Been a while since I ate at JJ's. Do they still do breakfast @ 11AM?

Griz

Wow. First meet n greet I may be able to make. Barring any issues at work, I'll be there.

mspgunner

Unless I'm out trout fishing maybe. Been a while since I ate at JJ's. Do they still do breakfast @ 11AM?

BREAKFAST HOURS
Monday - Thursday
6:30am - 11:00am
Friday - Saturday
6:30am - 12:00pm
Sunday
7:00am - 1:00pm

NEW PEOPLE ARE VERY WELCOME. THERE IS NO BETTER WAY THEN TO MEET OTHER OC'ERS.

Last edited:

Big Boy

Job I'm working right now REQUIRES me to work on Sundays. It blows. And I missed pretty much every football game from this last season.

Maybe I'll eventually make it to an STL meet.