Thread: magazine release

magazine release

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-NEW-Origin...item2a1dd9d27b

im trying to find out if that is legal.
    i just bought an AR15 and the gun store told me that the magnet bullet button is illegal or soon to be or if it will be.
    he was talking like he wasnt sure
    thank you all.

Banned
    Ah, CA what a state. This law is clearly unconstitutional ... oh, I assume the gov't is exempt right?

Any federal case on this yet?

Quote Originally Posted by lilwii View Post
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-NEW-Origin...item2a1dd9d27b

im trying to find out if that is legal.
    i just bought an AR15 and the gun store told me that the magnet bullet button is illegal or soon to be or if it will be.
    he was talking like he wasnt sure
    thank you all.
    A mag magnet is a tool that is not currently legal in California when it is attached to the bullet button. This effectively configures the rifle with a 'detachable' magazine with all the 'evil' features that define an 'assault weapon'. Want to quick change magazines? Build your AR as a 'featureless' rifle.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Quote Originally Posted by ConditionThree View Post
    A mag magnet is a tool that is not currently legal in California when it is attached to the bullet button. This effectively configures the rifle with a 'detachable' magazine with all the 'evil' features that define an 'assault weapon'. Want to quick change magazines? Build your AR as a 'featureless' rifle.
    ok thank you for the info

Quote Originally Posted by lilwii View Post
    ok thank you for the info
    Just to clarify that there are *some* legal uses for a MagMagnet in California, such as rimfire configurations on a BB'ed lower.

-Brandon
    Brandon Combs
    Secretary, Calguns Foundation
    Member, CRPA Board of Directors

Join me in making regular monthly tax-deductible donations to the Calguns Foundation and help us advance gun rights in California today!

Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all comments are my own and not the approved position of any organization, nor should they be considered legal advice.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by wildhawker View Post
    Just to clarify that there are *some* legal uses for a MagMagnet in California, such as rimfire configurations on a BB'ed lower.

-Brandon
    Which is an outstanding one, considering I have been contemplating using two uppers for my legally configured lower...I hadnt thought about that.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Quote Originally Posted by ConditionThree View Post
    Which is an outstanding one, considering I have been contemplating using two uppers for my legally configured lower...I hadnt thought about that.
    It can also be used on a Cat3 RAW with BB to ease RAW transport restrictions.

Cat3 RAW + BB = non AW
    Cat3 RAW + BB + MagMagnet = RAW (with detachable magazines)

Frankly, I think its easier to use a radlock (http://www.riflegear.com/p-470-raddl...zine-lock.aspx) vs worrying about losing (or falling off) mag magnet.

Activist Member
    Or if you live in CA but go out of state a lot, you could snap it on when you go out of state.

Well,,,

Quote Originally Posted by benadethreid View Post
    Oh! This magazine is interesting. Is it really in the constitution?..I wonder if it will make good in the state.

Who are you???
    Why are you here???

Do you really think this magazine is "interesting"?
    Do you want to "read it" for yourself?
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender
    Who are you???
    Why are you here???
    It's a new troll.