• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

magazine release

davidmcbeth

Banned
Ah, CA what a state. This law is clearly unconstitutional ... oh, I assume the gov't is exempt right?

Any federal case on this yet?

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-NEW-Origi...891?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a1dd9d27b

im trying to find out if that is legal.
i just bought an AR15 and the gun store told me that the magnet bullet button is illegal or soon to be or if it will be.
he was talking like he wasnt sure
thank you all.

A mag magnet is a tool that is not currently legal in California when it is attached to the bullet button. This effectively configures the rifle with a 'detachable' magazine with all the 'evil' features that define an 'assault weapon'. Want to quick change magazines? Build your AR as a 'featureless' rifle.

lilwii

A mag magnet is a tool that is not currently legal in California when it is attached to the bullet button. This effectively configures the rifle with a 'detachable' magazine with all the 'evil' features that define an 'assault weapon'. Want to quick change magazines? Build your AR as a 'featureless' rifle.

ok thank you for the info

mjones

Which is an outstanding one, considering I have been contemplating using two uppers for my legally configured lower...I hadnt thought about that.

It can also be used on a Cat3 RAW with BB to ease RAW transport restrictions.

Cat3 RAW + BB = non AW
Cat3 RAW + BB + MagMagnet = RAW (with detachable magazines)

Frankly, I think its easier to use a radlock (http://www.riflegear.com/p-470-raddlock-ar-series-magazine-lock.aspx) vs worrying about losing (or falling off) mag magnet.

Shoobee

Ah, CA what a state. This law is clearly unconstitutional ... oh, I assume the gov't is exempt right?

Any federal case on this yet?

It's not that clear under Heller. Heller only mentions handguns and shotguns.

So there is nothing clearly on point about these kind of high capacity non-hunting rifles.

One thing that is certain about the Roberts' court is that they could swing either way on any issue, especially Roberts.

Last edited: