Thread: Did it pass?

Did it pass?

The last legislative session in Texas there was a bill that would require a Texas CHL for Texas residents. A non-resident license from another state was not good in Texas if you are a resident of Texas. Did this bill get passed? I can't find it anywhere.
    Last edited by rodbender; 10-05-2012 at 09:17 PM.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

That bill went no where. It was introduced by Rep Lon Burnam of Ft Worth. He's a rabid anti-2A Democrat on the Homeland

Security/Public Safety Committee. Burnam was more concerned with the $$$ for CCW's going to other states than anything else.

But what did happen is those same TX lawmakers who couldn't pass the bill in their home state were also whining to UT about it, because UT is a cheaper permit and the most popular one.

So UT changed their law to require new and renewed non-resident permitees from states that recognize UT's permit to first prove they have their own state's permit before they can be issued one from UT.
    Last edited by MAC702; 10-06-2012 at 01:12 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    So UT changed their law to require new and renewed non-resident permitees from states that recognize UT's permit to first prove they have their own state's permit before they can be issued one from UT.
    That sucks. I am currently in dispute over payment of my property taxes. The county says I did not pay them even though I have proof that I did and my CHL is up for renewal.
    Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by rodbender View Post
    That sucks. I am currently in dispute over payment of my property taxes. The county says I did not pay them even though I have proof that I did and my CHL is up for renewal.
    Did you pay your taxes through escrow with a mortgage holder or did you pay them yourself?

It makes a big difference.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

Quote Originally Posted by OldCurlyWolf View Post
    Did you pay your taxes through escrow with a mortgage holder or did you pay them yourself?

It makes a big difference.
    I pay them direct.
    Will Rogers

Did it pass?

Quote Originally Posted by rushcreek2 View Post
    That bill went no where. It was introduced by Rep Lon Burnam of Ft Worth. He's a rabid anti-2A Democrat on the Homeland

Security/Public Safety Committee. Burnam was more concerned with the $$$ for CCW's going to other states than anything else.
    Yes but the chl fee is supposedly non profit and that it just covers the cost for labor and printing so that's an invalid argument

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rodbender View Post
    Being in a dispute with them over payment doesn't make you ineligible. Go ahead and renew. Unless you have been "finally determined to be delinquent in the payment of a tax or other money collected by the comptroller, the tax collector of a political subdivision of the state, or any agency or subdivision of the state", you're not ineligible.

As long as there's no judgement against you, it's not final. Once you've renewed, even if they do get a final judgement against you, that won't result in revocation.