Thread: Another NYC killing -- by a cop

Banned

Another NYC killing -- by a cop

“I see a spike in police shootings; I do,” said Edward Mullins, president of the Sergeants Benevolent Association. “For the most part, they are all coming back as justified. This is the first one that’s up for question.”....“Things like this happen. It’s sad. It’s not supposed to happen.”

Yea, and you are not supposed to try to cover for a bad decision either ...

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/05/ny....html?_r=3&hp&

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Looks like a good shoot. Didn't you know cutting off a police vehicle is a capitol offense?
    Wonder how the cop worshipers will justify this one?
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

This is a nationwide problem:
    He said the shooting, like any other, would be thoroughly investigated by the Police Department and the Queens district attorney.
    It should be AUTOMATIC that these cases are investigated from the beginning by state agencies, preferably with random citizens appointed for each case.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Doesn't sound like a good shoot from the article. I am willing to bet that as the investigation continues it will come out that he reached for the drill (or something along those lines), which can sometimes have a similar shape to a gun, and the officer fired because of it. The cops will walk free on this one.
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

Sad that it seems more soldiers die in the U.S. than in war zones. Especially since police seem responsible for many of those deaths.
    Strange that he had a cop in the back seat who was on restricted duty for shoplifting.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    SNIP Didn't you know cutting off a police vehicle is a capitol offense?
    What? They have paved streets inside the domed building that houses the legislature? No, wait. The state government is in Albany, not NYC.
    Last edited by Citizen; 10-06-2012 at 03:13 AM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    What? They have paved streets inside the domed building that houses the legislature? No, wait. The state government is in Albany, not NYC.
    DOH! oops
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

How about this one?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/06/ny...-robinson.html

“How dare the City of New York direct their lawyers to demand money and threaten collection procedures for property damage to a police car which struck and killed Tamon Robinson under circumstances in which the actions of the police officer operating the police car that night are the subject of a criminal investigation,” Mr. Rubenstein said in a statement.

The victim failed to comply with police orders after a lawful traffic stop.....it seems. The officer may have felt threatened and defended himself. Happens all of the time.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

I wonder if the drill has a property of NYPD tag removed from it. It is possible the man was driving with a drill under his feet, BIKFDI. It would more likely be on the floor in the back seat. I guess they thought nobody would buy a "stabbing with a pen" excuse.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump