• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another NYC killing -- by a cop

davidmcbeth

Banned
“I see a spike in police shootings; I do,” said Edward Mullins, president of the Sergeants Benevolent Association. “For the most part, they are all coming back as justified. This is the first one that’s up for question.”....“Things like this happen. It’s sad. It’s not supposed to happen.”

Yea, and you are not supposed to try to cover for a bad decision either ...

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/05/n...d-driver-on-a-parkway-in-queens.html?_r=3&hp&

twoskinsonemanns

Looks like a good shoot. Didn't you know cutting off a police vehicle is a capitol offense?
Wonder how the cop worshipers will justify this one?

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
This is a nationwide problem:
He said the shooting, like any other, would be thoroughly investigated by the Police Department and the Queens district attorney.

It should be AUTOMATIC that these cases are investigated from the beginning by state agencies, preferably with random citizens appointed for each case.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Doesn't sound like a good shoot from the article. I am willing to bet that as the investigation continues it will come out that he reached for the drill (or something along those lines), which can sometimes have a similar shape to a gun, and the officer fired because of it. The cops will walk free on this one.

sharkey

Sad that it seems more soldiers die in the U.S. than in war zones. Especially since police seem responsible for many of those deaths.
Strange that he had a cop in the back seat who was on restricted duty for shoplifting.

sharkey

OC for ME

The victim failed to comply with police orders after a lawful traffic stop.....it seems. The officer may have felt threatened and defended himself. Happens all of the time.

WalkingWolf

I wonder if the drill has a property of NYPD tag removed from it. It is possible the man was driving with a drill under his feet, BIKFDI. It would more likely be on the floor in the back seat. I guess they thought nobody would buy a "stabbing with a pen" excuse.