• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Center Mass Firearms on Boulder Highway in Henderson admittedly anti-OC

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Here's the thread on NV Shooters where someone complained about them being anti-carry, being asked to disarm from CCW. Now, there is a quote from the owner/manager lambasting the repercussions but maintaining that OC is still not allowed in his store, with the usual bullcrap.

Maybe you guys already knew they were anti, but I figured I'd better make sure. There aren't many indoor ranges to choose from on that side of town, so it might be tempting. I hear they force expensive store-bought ammo anyway.

http://www.nevadashooters.com/showthread.php?t=32777

Vegassteve

After I sent them a email I got a response today to the same effect. They offered me free range time to come in and see how great they are. I responded and let them know I do not do biz with antis.

The Big Guy

I have been passing that store by for years. If I won't do business with Costco, a non gun business, because they won't allow open carry, why in the hell would I do business with a gun unfriendly gun shop? Insurance is an excuse, not a reason. The only time I've been in there was a few weeks ago to leave off a petition for getting rid of the Blue Card.

Accuracy has the same policy which is why I don't shop there either, and they are nasty about it.

They need me, I don't need them. Plenty of other places to shop.

TBG

Vegassteve

They are all over that thread spinning damage control now. two things though.
One they say that the FB page was loaded with slander, foul language and releasing employee info. That is I think a LIE. I posted in I think 2 places on the page. A wall comment and under a picture of someone defending themselves in a store. One other person posted on the wall as well. No one else that I could ever see posted anything. I checked it often to see if there was ever a response.

Two they are still pushing CC and no OC.

jdholmes

There real issue from their response seems to be with OC. They want you completely concealed and consider printing and the tip of a barrel showing to be a violation of that...

They base their entire reasoning on the idea that some that prints or OC's is more likely than a person whose gun is entirely hidden from view to have a negligent discharge...

Ridiculous people...

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Nice: thread from a few years ago where carriers are complaining about his policies and refusing to shop there. Now, we hear they went through a period of time where they almost went out of business. Math makes sense to me. Apparently someone that needs to see it is blind to it.

Marco

Nice: thread from a few years ago where carriers are complaining about his policies and refusing to shop there. Now, we hear they went through a period of time where they almost went out of business. Math makes sense to me. Apparently someone that needs to see it is blind to it.

I know Leon his wife and both his sons and called to complain when Shane/Icode let me know he had been treated poorly by an employee of CMF for OC'ing.
Leon and his wife both stated the employee was wrong for treating the customer (Icode) poorly but that they stood by his asking/telling Icode that OC wasn't allowed.

I tried to explain why their logic was twisted but it fell on deaf ears.....

Buy and shoot elsewhere..send him receipts when you spend money at another shop but be sure to tell him why...

Friend or no friend don't support my right/s you don't get my money.......

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I posted in the "Where did you carry today" thread a couple weeks ago that my buddy and I OC'd at the Mexican restaurant El Torito right next door to CMF. No issues. I wonder who insures that restaurant, cause they should be charging a fortune!

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
They locked the thread at NevadaShooters, claiming it had run its course. The store stopped even trying to defend their actions when their defenses were countered by people that had actually been there.

As for Spurlock's, I won't do business with a store that has a sign saying I can't carry, whether they enforce it or not.

It makes others think I am disrespectful, and that's wrong.

I buy an average of a gun a month, and twice that amount in accessories. And all that money goes to stores that specifically welcome open carry.

Vegassteve

They have always had a small sign on the door, but never enforced. I always OC in Spurlocks. Have you had an issue with them?

TBG

I have never been, but was gong to this week. I am off and wanted to restock reloading stuff. I hav been told they have good prices and stock.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
While there is certainly something to be said for supporting a smaller dedicated gun shop over an outdoor superstore, Sportsman's Warehouse has the best reloading selection and prices in town, and specifically welcomes open carry; on the complete opposite side of the valley, of course.

Last edited:

Frantic84

there was a No OC sign at my local shop the last time I wen't about 2 weeks ago, sign specificaly said CC was exempt from no carry policy :mad::cuss:
Northwest Arms
4450 North Tenaya Way
Las Vegas, NV 89129
Golden Desert Plaza‎
(702) 778-2583

this was really disappointing for me because it was blocks from my house. now I have to go miles for the nearest OC friendly shop. :cry:

Vegassteve

there was a No OC sign at my local shop the last time I wen't about 2 weeks ago, sign specificaly said CC was exempt from no carry policy :mad::cuss:
Northwest Arms
4450 North Tenaya Way
Las Vegas, NV 89129
Golden Desert Plaza‎
(702) 778-2583

this was really disappointing for me because it was blocks from my house. now I have to go miles for the nearest OC friendly shop. :cry:

I oc in nw all the time. The sign doesn't prohibit oc. I have never had a issue with Tom and the shop. I know several others who oc in the shop as well.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I oc in nw all the time. The sign doesn't prohibit oc. I have never had a issue with Tom and the shop. I know several others who oc in the shop as well.

Does it require you have a permit to carry, even for OC?

Frantic84

well I will take a 2nd look at the sign the next time I go by but the way it was worded seemed to say that it was not ok.:eek:

Vegassteve

Does it require you have a permit to carry, even for OC?

Never has asked or seen my permit. I know Dont tread carries there as well. It says nothing about oc, just cc is ok. They all oc in the store as well. I have seen other people I dont know carry in the store as well.