Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Confused with new gun, need advice about targeting?

Confused with new gun, need advice about targeting?

Sooo I know ,,, pic or it didnt happen sooo.
    I got this gun, a 50AE desert eagle about a month ago,
    1683$ total, 1360 for the gun,
    58$ for two extra mags,
    156$ for 100 rounds of Nosler 300 grn,
    the rest was shipping, taxes, and my FFl transfer!

A pic of the whole bunch of stuff...
    The gold color is just reflaction of my light,
    It is really just all black...

A show of the cartridge and the open action,
    the locking bolt is much like an AR-15...

A comparisson of the 50AE, the 45ACP, 9X23 winchester, 9 nato, 9X18 Mak, and 380 auto..

Another view showing the gaping maw and locking bolt, with cartridges for some more thinking over time...

I had read sooo many Caliber war threads over time that I was inspired to by a gun that I wouldnt need to argue about.
    But since I ordered this one I then became aware that there was still a POWER WAR!!!
    The 50AE is 60% more powerful than a 44 Mag,
    and it is the biggest Caliber that we are allowed to carry,,, but
    it is not the most Powerful hand gun,,,,
    Sooo dont be to surprised if I start another thread in ,,, Maybe December about ,,,
    An S&W 500 Magnum,, They are out of stock, now,,, but they were listed at 1280$
    for a 10.5 inch, ported, hunter at some place on line, so I got more money then sense,,, Ill be letting you know...
    By the way I bought my desert eagle from budsguns on line, the service was just fine, no problems..

Sooo the reason I wrote this thread is because I just needed some advice from you all,,,
    Since Ive had this gun for over a month,,, do you think that I should take it up to my local pit,
    And shoot it???

Any advice will be thanked for in advance,,, really,,, just tell me what you all think...
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Show off...

First of all nice, it is on my long list, I personal shoot all of my modern guns but they are a bit more economical to shoot.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    You'll need more duct tape!
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

OC it to Hideaway or it never happened.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

You'll never shoot it if you hold it like that - your booger hook needs to actually touch the trigger.

But there's no need to ever shoot it. Just OC it and let BGs see that you can in fact carry it without listing at least 15*. They will instantly understand that anybody who can remain upright while carrying that boat anchor could easily snap them in half with a mean look.

For grins try to talk Chuck Norris into roundhouse kicking you in your holster when you are OCing it. I've got $5 that says it will break Chuck's foot and you will not feel anything.

stay safe.

PS - I hear from reliable sources tha the S&W 500M is sweet to shoot indoors at the NRA range.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Confused with new gun, need advice about targeting?

I can picture the look if someone caused that to be pulled out in defense. WTF???? Is that a cannon?

You'll still have to fight in the war, even with that beautiful monstrosity. People will argue that it's impractical for self defense. Ridiculously small mag-size, insanely expensive to feed and most of all, very strong recoil.

Personally, I'm of the group that says you should carry whatever you're most comfortable with. If that's a .22 then carry it, if it's a pocket cannon, carry it. If you wanna throw a howitzer across your back and tow it around with you everywhere, more power to ya.

Defender, I think you've just asked one of the silliest questions ever!

Of course you should take it to your local pit and let others share in your joy....and possibly their pain if they're in the booth next to you.
    If you can afford to shoot that monster then give it hell!

My 50 doesn't see any range time; she's become a full safe queen due to the year of production along with my 44 Mag, 41 Mag, and 440 Corbon. The only one I'm missing is a numbers-matching 1980's production 357 magnum.

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    Sooo the reason I wrote this thread is because I just needed some advice from you all,,,
    Since Ive had this gun for over a month,,, do you think that I should take it up to my local pit,
    And shoot it???

Any advice will be thanked for in advance,,, really,,, just tell me what you all think...
    Well, let me think about this for a minute... you have a small fortune invested in the gun itself, and 100 rounds of ammo for it @ $1.56 per round, the AE50 is not a "collector's item", and it is now a pre-owned (even if in "unfired NIB condition") handgun with a relatively narrow field of interest, that would bring you less than it's retail value if sold (unless sold to a criminal), and it's been sitting around collecting dust for "over a month". Yeah.............................................. .............. SHOOT IT! Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

I want one.

I want one.

No, I want two, dual OC, I need to stay balanced after all.
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

Having shot one just like it I would sight it in 1 inch high at 25 yards put you dead on at 50 a little low at 100.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Do Not Fire That Weapon

It is an unsafe death trap waiting to kill and maim everyone around you. Please send it to my FFL asap for proper disposal. I'd hate to see you or anyone else get hurt. If you like, I will pay for shipping.

Founder's Club Member
    Quit pulling our leg. We all know that thing comes in both self-propelled and towed versions.

So, which artillery battery is now missing a howitzer?

As far as targeting goes, you'll need a forward observer, and a fire direction control center to compute the quadrant and deflection.

Last edited by Citizen; 10-16-2012 at 12:35 AM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

If you're still confused after you've had time to play with it.

I would gladly give it a new home. Just bring it with you at the next get together in Federal Way and I will give you a chance to say good bye and re-home it for you. Don't worry I'll be sure to take it many lots of walks so that it does not get into trouble at home.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Shoot it twice...you'll not like it...then promptly PM me to get the mailing address of my disposal organization. Send the ammo too.

You'll thank me for this!
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

Banned
    Not the S&W 500? Oh well...this one will still break your wrist old timer if you don't hold it correctly.

Recommend 2 hands on this one ...

My 50 cal rifle rattled my teeth the other day pretty good ! I'm gonna have to buy a mouth guard for next time out.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    SNIP I would gladly give it a new home.
    The selfless sacrifice of fellow open carriers to help our friend in his time of need warms my heart. Who knew such generosity still existed in the hearts of men?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

<snip>
    The first rule in targeting, that critter, is to point the end with the big hole towards your intended target area. The seconded rule is to verify that your spotter has the correct coordinates of the intended target area. The last rule is to fire for effect.

That's about ya need to know.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Cool Don't do it, man!

Shoot it? What? No, I don't think so! You could shoot right through the backstop and level an orphanage the next county over. You can't take the chance. You could however just send it over to me, and I'll dispose of it properly, and safely. Oh yes....so safely.

Well dyam!!!

Like I warned you all back in October,,,, I might have more to add to this post,,, In December, and here I am...

At 6:30 PM tonight I became the proud 3rd owner of this 8 3/8 inch barreled monster,, 900 bucks!!!

it took 3 tries to reach back far enough to get it all in the pic!

for size comparisson,,, thats my computor,, and a 500AE catridge next to the S&W 500 magnum!

Oh yeah,,, I still havent made it to the pit with the Desert Eagle,, so now Ive got to wonder,,,
    should I take this one too, If I ever go???
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Founder's Club Member
    SNIP Like I warned you all back in October,,,, I might have more to add to this post,,, In December, and here I am...

At 6:30 PM tonight I became the proud 3rd owner of this 8 3/8 inch barreled monster,, 900 bucks!!!
    How do you check the fluid level in the recoil cylinders?

And, don't tell me it ain't artillery. I clearly see a muzzle-brake in the photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post

And, don't tell me it ain't artillery. I clearly see a muzzle-brake in the photos.
    I don't see a "shoulder thing that goes up" on that gun.....
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Well,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post

The recoil cylinders are filled with type O+ fluid.
    I keep it topped off with coffee, tequilla and vodka!
    They must be full enough though,, since I managed to get a trigger finger pinch,, ouch,,
    and It leaked a tiny bit of red fluid.
    Last edited by 1245A Defender; 12-14-2012 at 06:28 AM.

There is a reason why you are the THIRD owner. But apparently you did not bother to consider what it might be before attempting to prove that the economy was totally in the tank.

And speaking of which, allow me to congratulate you on the creation of at least three actual jobs - 1 gun bearer and 2 ammo carriers. (I'm presuming that like most LMG crews you, as the gunner, will be carrying the tripod.)

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Like I warned you all back in October,,,, I might have more to add to this post,,, In December, and here I am...

Sweet!

BTW - You haven't started a new thread finally. Yeah, let's keep the caliber war in here!

(Considering what's in here already, I won't bother posting my photos of a S&W 629 I guess...)

Pity I can't OC. CC'ing these beautiful guns is just impossible... and it's not what they are meant for anyway.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast