• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Confused with new gun, need advice about targeting?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP Like I warned you all back in October,,,, I might have more to add to this post,,, In December, and here I am...

At 6:30 PM tonight I became the proud 3rd owner of this 8 3/8 inch barreled monster,, 900 bucks!!!

How do you check the fluid level in the recoil cylinders?

And, don't tell me it ain't artillery. I clearly see a muzzle-brake in the photos. :)

1245A Defender

Well,,,

How do you check the fluid level in the recoil cylinders?

And, don't tell me it ain't artillery. I clearly see a muzzle-brake in the photos. :)

The recoil cylinders are filled with type O+ fluid.
I keep it topped off with coffee, tequilla and vodka!
They must be full enough though,, since I managed to get a trigger finger pinch,, ouch,,
and It leaked a tiny bit of red fluid.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
There is a reason why you are the THIRD owner. But apparently you did not bother to consider what it might be before attempting to prove that the economy was totally in the tank.

And speaking of which, allow me to congratulate you on the creation of at least three actual jobs - 1 gun bearer and 2 ammo carriers. (I'm presuming that like most LMG crews you, as the gunner, will be carrying the tripod.)

stay safe.

KWP

Like I warned you all back in October,,,, I might have more to add to this post,,, In December, and here I am...

At 6:30 PM tonight I became the proud 3rd owner of this 8 3/8 inch barreled monster,, 900 bucks!!!

Sweet!

BTW - You haven't started a new thread finally. Yeah, let's keep the caliber war in here!

(Considering what's in here already, I won't bother posting my photos of a S&W 629 I guess...)

Pity I can't OC. CC'ing these beautiful guns is just impossible... and it's not what they are meant for anyway.

OrangeIsTrouble

Oh ok, I finally step up to a .45, and you just had to go and step it up further?

$900 is not bad at all. I had a chance to pop off a few rounds from a 500M and 460 in the last month and I'll tell you, it's nuffin! Take them to the pit and bring lots of rotten fruit!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
The recoil cylinders are filled with type O+ fluid.
I keep it topped off with coffee, tequilla and vodka!
They must be full enough though,, since I managed to get a trigger finger pinch,, ouch,,
and It leaked a tiny bit of red fluid.

Oh, its got that kind of recoil system. Yes, I'm familiar with leaks from that type of system. :)

Firearms Iinstuctor

I have shot the 500 s@w a bit not to bad at all. Double action works well double taps are not real fast but I have had no trouble hitting what I shoot at.

1245A Defender

Well,,,

Just goes to show some have more cents then sense and I don't think you are man enough to shoot them! :lol::lol::lol:

I proved, that I am man enough,,, Got witnesses,,, And it WAS about time!!!
I Hit the pit Friday with Deros, Gogo, Squeak, Craig and me,,, sorry 1911er, I forgot.
We had LOTS of guns!!! I think I brought 15 total.

Finaly I brought out the Desert Eagle with 7 rounds in a factory mag,
got all lined up, took a breath and let it loose.
Big recoil, minimal muzzle flip,,, didnt bonk my head, Twice!
Then Gogo shot it, got a stove pipe on 4th round, cleared that and it stoved again on the 7th round,
Ill do a little polishing,,, should be just fine.
It will be a fine gun for every day carry!

Shorly after, I finaly got the guts to bring out the S&W 500!!
Just bringing it to the firering line tested my knees!
Anyhoo,,, I loaded it up with 325 grn magtech and took my place...
I Do believe I felt a Certain kind of ,, what you might call, trepidation...
Cocked it, took some aim, checked the preassure of my recoil cylinders, and,,,, pressed the trigger.
BOOM!!!
Did I ever tell you that I think it has the best trigger I think I have ever felt?
Sooo it discharged,,, And WOW!! It hit exactly where you wish for it to hit,,, like magic..
Again,,, I didnt bonk my self out,, the recoil was no more that the 500AE and the flip
was fine with the long barrel and the muzzle break,,, really quite managable.

so me and Gogo shot the Desert Eagle, and
Me, Squeak, Gogo and Craig all shot the S&W500,,, and we all survived to tell the tale....

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
So you got the nerve to take them out, I knew you would once the ego was challenged! :lol: and took friends too! Was that just in moral support, ride to the hospital, maybe! :lol:

Sounds like everyone had a good time but not much reference to actually hitting anything, hills, barns don't count!:eek:

1245A Defender

Yeh,,,

So you got the nerve to take them out, I knew you would once the ego was challenged! :lol: and took friends too! Was that just in moral support, ride to the hospital, maybe! :lol:

Sounds like everyone had a good time but not much reference to actually hitting anything, hills, barns don't count!:eek:

The wheather didnt have nothing to do with it, winter timingish and all...
It was all YOUR ego question, or your challange,, and maybe the thought,,, of a drive to the hospital, or my manlyness...
The Desert Eagle didnt show any inate accuracy,,, But
that S&W 500 hit the mark everytime each one of us shot it,,, it was seriously, uncanny!!!

Last edited:

1245A Defender

Well,,,

Sooo Ive been quiet for some while and I just had to do something about it...
So Ive been watching, hand guns for sale, over on waguns.net.
Went for a drive yesterday, met a guy, left my lights on,
killed my battery, got a jump, stopped for a holster at borners, and ammo at ace hardware..
A pretty good day!

I know I am moving down in caliber and power, but this one is more special than my other pistolas...
A Smith & Wesson Mod 29-2, pinned barrel and recessed cylinder,
99 percent perfect!

Do I feel lucky,,, Well do I, punk,,,,, Well yes,, yes I do!!!