• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Confused with new gun, need advice about targeting?

1245A Defender

Sooo I know ,,, pic or it didnt happen sooo.
I got this gun, a 50AE desert eagle about a month ago,
1683$ total, 1360 for the gun,
58$ for two extra mags,
156$ for 100 rounds of Nosler 300 grn,
the rest was shipping, taxes, and my FFl transfer!

003-1.jpg

A pic of the whole bunch of stuff...
The gold color is just reflaction of my light,
It is really just all black...

001-13.jpg

A show of the cartridge and the open action,
the locking bolt is much like an AR-15...

002-10.jpg

A comparisson of the 50AE, the 45ACP, 9X23 winchester, 9 nato, 9X18 Mak, and 380 auto..

003-3.jpg

Another view showing the gaping maw and locking bolt, with cartridges for some more thinking over time...

004-4.jpg

I had read sooo many Caliber war threads over time that I was inspired to by a gun that I wouldnt need to argue about.
But since I ordered this one I then became aware that there was still a POWER WAR!!!
The 50AE is 60% more powerful than a 44 Mag,
and it is the biggest Caliber that we are allowed to carry,,, but
it is not the most Powerful hand gun,,,,
Sooo dont be to surprised if I start another thread in ,,, Maybe December about ,,,
An S&W 500 Magnum,, They are out of stock, now,,, but they were listed at 1280$
for a 10.5 inch, ported, hunter at some place on line, so I got more money then sense,,, Ill be letting you know...
By the way I bought my desert eagle from budsguns on line, the service was just fine, no problems..

Sooo the reason I wrote this thread is because I just needed some advice from you all,,,
Since Ive had this gun for over a month,,, do you think that I should take it up to my local pit,
And shoot it???

Any advice will be thanked for in advance,,, really,,, just tell me what you all think...

pfries

Show off...:banana:

First of all nice, it is on my long list, I personal shoot all of my modern guns but they are a bit more economical to shoot.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
You'll never shoot it if you hold it like that - your booger hook needs to actually touch the trigger.

But there's no need to ever shoot it. Just OC it and let BGs see that you can in fact carry it without listing at least 15*. They will instantly understand that anybody who can remain upright while carrying that boat anchor could easily snap them in half with a mean look.

For grins try to talk Chuck Norris into roundhouse kicking you in your holster when you are OCing it. I've got $5 that says it will break Chuck's foot and you will not feel anything.

stay safe.

PS - I hear from reliable sources tha the S&W 500M is sweet to shoot indoors at the NRA range.

Jack House

You'll still have to fight in the war, even with that beautiful monstrosity. People will argue that it's impractical for self defense. Ridiculously small mag-size, insanely expensive to feed and most of all, very strong recoil.

Personally, I'm of the group that says you should carry whatever you're most comfortable with. If that's a .22 then carry it, if it's a pocket cannon, carry it. If you wanna throw a howitzer across your back and tow it around with you everywhere, more power to ya. ;)

REALteach4u

Defender, I think you've just asked one of the silliest questions ever!

Of course you should take it to your local pit and let others share in your joy....and possibly their pain if they're in the booth next to you.
If you can afford to shoot that monster then give it hell!

My 50 doesn't see any range time; she's become a full safe queen due to the year of production along with my 44 Mag, 41 Mag, and 440 Corbon. The only one I'm missing is a numbers-matching 1980's production 357 magnum.

Gil223

Sooo the reason I wrote this thread is because I just needed some advice from you all,,,
Since Ive had this gun for over a month,,, do you think that I should take it up to my local pit,
And shoot it???

Any advice will be thanked for in advance,,, really,,, just tell me what you all think...

Well, let me think about this for a minute... you have a small fortune invested in the gun itself, and 100 rounds of ammo for it @ $1.56 per round, the AE50 is not a "collector's item", and it is now a pre-owned (even if in "unfired NIB condition") handgun with a relatively narrow field of interest, that would bring you less than it's retail value if sold (unless sold to a criminal), and it's been sitting around collecting dust for "over a month". Yeah............................................................ SHOOT IT! :lol: Pax...

mustangkiller

Do Not Fire That Weapon

It is an unsafe death trap waiting to kill and maim everyone around you. Please send it to my FFL asap for proper disposal. I'd hate to see you or anyone else get hurt. If you like, I will pay for shipping.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Quit pulling our leg. We all know that thing comes in both self-propelled and towed versions.

So, which artillery battery is now missing a howitzer?

As far as targeting goes, you'll need a forward observer, and a fire direction control center to compute the quadrant and deflection.

:)

Last edited:

Freedom1Man

If you're still confused after you've had time to play with it.

I would gladly give it a new home. Just bring it with you at the next get together in Federal Way and I will give you a chance to say good bye and re-home it for you. Don't worry I'll be sure to take it many lots of walks so that it does not get into trouble at home.

Redbaron007

Shoot it twice...you'll not like it...then promptly PM me to get the mailing address of my disposal organization. Send the ammo too.

You'll thank me for this! ;)

davidmcbeth

Banned
Not the S&W 500? Oh well...this one will still break your wrist old timer if you don't hold it correctly.

Recommend 2 hands on this one ...

My 50 cal rifle rattled my teeth the other day pretty good ! I'm gonna have to buy a mouth guard for next time out.

OC for ME

The first rule in targeting, that critter, is to point the end with the big hole towards your intended target area. The seconded rule is to verify that your spotter has the correct coordinates of the intended target area. The last rule is to fire for effect.

That's about ya need to know.

CO-Joe

Don't do it, man!

Shoot it? What? No, I don't think so! You could shoot right through the backstop and level an orphanage the next county over. You can't take the chance. You could however just send it over to me, and I'll dispose of it properly, and safely. Oh yes....so safely.

1245A Defender

Well dyam!!!

Like I warned you all back in October,,,, I might have more to add to this post,,, In December, and here I am...

At 6:30 PM tonight I became the proud 3rd owner of this 8 3/8 inch barreled monster,, 900 bucks!!!

it took 3 tries to reach back far enough to get it all in the pic!

001-15_zps42578a28.jpg

for size comparisson,,, thats my computor,, and a 500AE catridge next to the S&W 500 magnum!

002-11_zpsf7ec67be.jpg

Oh yeah,,, I still havent made it to the pit with the Desert Eagle,, so now Ive got to wonder,,,
should I take this one too, If I ever go???