• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dan Griffey - Candidate for WA House of Rep.

massivedesign

For the 35th District people (Thurston, Mason, Kitsap).
http://www.griffey4statehouse.com/

I am pretty anti-solicitor... My kids were outside playing and the wife was by the front door. A lady walked down our driveway and said hi. She and the wife started talking. Next thing I know, the wife calls me over saying it's a political solicitor. Now, instantly I am like "greeaaaat". I start to walk over to tell her to scram and she sees the WaGuns gear I am wearing. She says "My husband is Dan Griffey, running for the WA House and is endorsed by the Second Amendment Foundation"..

SCREEECH. Wait.. What? I'll give her props, she was fast on her game of sizing up a person and pulling them in. We talk for a few minutes and her husband, Dan Griffey walks up. He notices my gear as well as my openly carried sidearm and we start talking shop. He's a gunner, very pro gunner. He want's an SBR, he wants to kill any and all talks about restrictions on magazines, on ammo, on anything. One of his passions is to get an actual Castle Doctrine language applied here in WA to further protect people when they need to use lethal force.

I mentioned Sen. Klien and his face got red. He seems to like him about as much as the rest of us.

He made it clear that he was endorsed by the Second Amendment Foundation and Rated "AQ" with the NRA (AQ, is proper responses to the questionare, but no voting record since he is a newb). The NRA is endorsing Kathy Haigh (D), who is the incumbent.

I did like what he had to say about what he wants to do in this area. He's young, and full of energy. It sounded like he really wanted to shake things up in Olympia and said "You'll see me a lot on the news", with a sly grin on his face.

I still need to do a little more research, but like I said. He sounded like a cool guy, new to the game and ready to brawl.

And I know you will all ask.. He was NOT carrying. Said he does carry, but for days like this needs to find a good ankle setup. He also said he was very pro OC and CC. He supports OC and thinks that it would be great if more people did OC to normalize societies outlook on guns.

sudden valley gunner

For the 35th District people (Thurston, Mason, Kitsap).
http://www.griffey4statehouse.com/

I am pretty anti-solicitor... My kids were outside playing and the wife was by the front door. A lady walked down our driveway and said hi. She and the wife started talking. Next thing I know, the wife calls me over saying it's a political solicitor. Now, instantly I am like "greeaaaat". I start to walk over to tell her to scram and she sees the WaGuns gear I am wearing. She says "My husband is Dan Griffey, running for the WA House and is endorsed by the Second Amendment Foundation"..

SCREEECH. Wait.. What? I'll give her props, she was fast on her game of sizing up a person and pulling them in. We talk for a few minutes and her husband, Dan Griffey walks up. He notices my gear as well as my openly carried sidearm and we start talking shop. He's a gunner, very pro gunner. He want's an SBR, he wants to kill any and all talks about restrictions on magazines, on ammo, on anything. One of his passions is to get an actual Castle Doctrine language applied here in WA to further protect people when they need to use lethal force.

I mentioned Sen. Klien and his face got red. He seems to like him about as much as the rest of us.

He made it clear that he was endorsed by the Second Amendment Foundation and Rated "AQ" with the NRA (AQ, is proper responses to the questionare, but no voting record since he is a newb). The NRA is endorsing Kathy Haigh (D), who is the incumbent.

I did like what he had to say about what he wants to do in this area. He's young, and full of energy. It sounded like he really wanted to shake things up in Olympia and said "You'll see me a lot on the news", with a sly grin on his face.

I still need to do a little more research, but like I said. He sounded like a cool guy, new to the game and ready to brawl.

And I know you will all ask.. He was NOT carrying. Said he does carry, but for days like this needs to find a good ankle setup. He also said he was very pro OC and CC. He supports OC and thinks that it would be great if more people did OC to normalize societies outlook on guns.

Sounds like a great experience, invite or make an Open Carry meet.

I would love to chat with him sometime even though he isn't in my district. I would ask that he not make any "more" laws though, and actually repeal many we have.

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Second Amendment Foundation is a 501(c)(3) focused on litigation. They cannot endorse candidates.

However, GOAL of Washington does endorsement on behalf of WAC & Washington State Rifle/Pistol Association.