• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Court Days meetup list.

Acuzio

Figured I'd go ahead and make a place to corral all the posts of who is going to court days and where to look for them at. I'll most likely be going with either one or both of my parents so if you see a younger guy in a black leather jacket followed by two old folks that would most likely be me, and yes I will most likely OC.

DrakeZ07

Sounds good!!

What's "Court Days"?

http://www.mtsterlingtourism.com/court-day.html

I always go to court days, usually hook up with my Mother, cousin, aunt, and uncle, and make a lil convoy of sorts, look for the light-brown haired guy with glasses, OC'ing his FUGLY hi-point, and most likely acting as the pack mule for the people in front of him xD Or likewise, find me at one of the food vendors. In the mornings, we're all usually getting coffee, and a deep fried oreo or something to give us a sugar boost, then look around under the Bridge, towards afternoon we head over to the unemployment office area to eat our food, and look for antiques, and stuff. Late afternoon, and we're up by the Gym, along main street towards the old church/cemetery looking at guns. Then after that, we all make a mobile convoy to Preston/Hope, to the guns, gear, dogs, and amish food there :D <3

Be there either saturday or sunday, PM for my cell to text or whatever possible hitting up, and gun browsing, or if you want to save me the trouble of finding a vendor to buy my deer rifle, and gimme some more spending money there ;3 <3

DrakeZ07

Anybody got any advice on parking and/or getting to and from downtown? I was at Knob Creek today and may try Mt. Sterling tomorrow.

I always park just off Sycamore St. Its usually 4$ to park there all day, about a hundred yards to the KY11 bridge [under it for clothes and roasted peanuts <3], AND between the bridge and the parking place there off on the side, are plenty of bathrooms~ <3 <3.

Directions, going by Google maps because I can tell you how to get there by landmarks and mileage but I suck at street names.

Say you get off at the First Mt Sterling exit, heading from Lexington/Winchester/whereever-west-of-us. make the right head into town, stop at the light, make a right onto the bypass/Indian mound drive. keep going, then turn left onto US60E, take that down till you see S Sycamore St, make a right on it [the catholic church is on the left] head on down it till you see peeps with signs, they'll direct ya to make a right across a small concrete bridge, and into their field [its flat, grassy, and easily accessible for even the smallest of cars].

Plus, I know the people who run the parking there, they're very 2A and OC friendly, and I'd happily pay to park there to support the owners of 2A/OC businesses. <3

There is a link to show ya, I hope it saves the destination as being at the end of S Sycamore st.

You're in the right spot when you see a Black jeep with a [SKYWARN SPOTTER] sticker on the back~

Under the bridge, find the RV trailer thingy that sells the roasted almonds... their awesome~ <3

Johnburns15

Ill be there tomorrow carrying my sr9c
I was there for a while today and loved their selection of firearms. Ill be spending some of my hard earned money tomorrow haha

DrakeZ07

Ill be there tomorrow carrying my sr9c
I was there for a while today and loved their selection of firearms. Ill be spending some of my hard earned money tomorrow haha

Sadly, Mt sterling's portion of the court days gun selection was rather expensive, bordering price gouging. I saw four Hi-Point 40's, and a couple 45's that was being sold for 250 and up, one of the same dudes offered me 75$ for my pistol. Saw alot of shotties that was insanely priced [in a bad way], and their AR's was BS. A bare Panther DPMS for 1200 was the norm price in Mt Sterling, I could go to walmart in Morehead and pick one up for 550$.

Careful of the prices bud, if you want the good deals, go to Preston.

Johnburns15

I know alot of the prices were rather high. A gen 1 glock 21 for 450? When you can buy a gen 4 for 550 brand new or gently used for 450. Kinda crazy. But there was a nice selection. Just need to talk them down on pricing lol