Thread: Civil suit

Civil suit

So, it appears I've been operating under the incorrect thought that civil suits were not available were our self defense actions justified under MO 563. CCW training was conducted 4 years ago.

Civil remedies unaffected.
    563.016. The fact that conduct is justified under this chapter does not abolish or impair any remedy for such conduct which is available in any civil actions

How the hell did I miss this? Was it changed?

http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/C500-599/5630000074.HTM

Read the above, you may feel better afterwards.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

I owe you a beer.

Thanks!

Yeah, don't sweat it Griz. It's there and we're protected. It's still a good idea to buddy up to a defense attorney who is pro-2A.

So I'm curious about something now that you've brought up this thread.

Why do we not have a sticky thread for the contact information of pro-2A lawyers for defending such action? It seems like a valuable piece of information that should be posted. After all, a person from Springfield might find it less feasible to use an attorney from KC or STL and vice versa.

Is travel time billable time?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by oc for me View Post
    is travel time billable time?

lol!
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

Civil suit

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Is travel time billable time?
    If they ruminate on your case while sitting on the toilet taking a dump it's billable time...

I think a sticky for pro-2A lawyers is a great idea and every state forum should have one.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Then...if they are...well, let's just say rubbing real close to another....and they think on the case, is it billable? What about when they are in confession and mention the case, is it billable?

Holy cow....no wonder attorneys like to bill by the 1/4 or 1/8 hour!
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain