• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Provo this weekend

desertborn

Coming up to Provo SLC this weekend beaides having to have the chamber empty on a semi auto, is their anythi NH i need to know?

Also looking to see if anyone wants to grab a lunch with my self and my buddy on saturday. Abd if anyone can recommend abything fun to do up there? I was thinking about Bridal veil falls but i havent been there for a couple years

rpyne

Coming up to Provo SLC this weekend beaides having to have the chamber empty on a semi auto, is their anythi NH i need to know?

Also looking to see if anyone wants to grab a lunch with my self and my buddy on saturday. Abd if anyone can recommend abything fun to do up there? I was thinking about Bridal veil falls but i havent been there for a couple years

You sure you want to come to Provo this weekend? It is BYU Homecoming.

desertborn

Well now im hearing from work i may not be able to come up this weekend ao that works out good lol. Same offer the weekend of the 27 though if anyone is interestes in meeting up!

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...beaides having to have the chamber empty on a semi auto, is their anythi NH i need to know?...

UT recognizes all states' permits. If you have a permit, there is no requirement to have the chamber empty, even if you OC.

If you do carry chamber empty, keeping the sidearm cocked usually makes it easier to rack the slide when needed.

Last edited:

desertborn

We will be arriving late friday night be there all day saturday and leaving sunday afternoon evening. Quick vacation but the best I can do for now.

My info on Utah OC appears to be quite outdated thanks for the info.

desertborn

I missed the if you have a CCW part of your comment MAC702. I do have a NV one but my friend does not.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Keep in mind that the unloaded requirement is only on public property, and does not apply inside your vehicle. If you are driving from a private parking lot to a private parking lot, there is no requirement to be unloaded. But you would want to plan ahead to minimize administratively handling your weapon, of course.