• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Radio frequency ID chips

EMNofSeattle

And get suspended for smoking cigars and drinking cognac? No way. :p:)

I'm glad I was never searched..... I always had my tobacco pipe and bag of borkum riff with me....

sometimes a fine cigar plus cutter.

I also always had knives in my car, but I parked on the street and not on school grounds so they could not do anything about that.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I'm glad I was never searched..... I always had my tobacco pipe and bag of borkum riff with me....

sometimes a fine cigar plus cutter.

I also always had knives in my car, but I parked on the street and not on school grounds so they could not do anything about that.

Yes, my friends always insisted on drinking vodka during the school day, ridiculing me for drinking on my lunch trips to the gentleman's club because cognac has a detectable odor. Mind you, some of the ridiculers were the same guys who insisted on smoking a certain plant with a very distinctive odor. :p:)

EMNofSeattle

Yes, my friends always insisted on drinking vodka during the school day, ridiculing me for drinking on my lunch trips to the gentleman's club because cognac has a detectable odor. Mind you, some of the ridiculers were the same guys who insisted on smoking a certain plant with a very distinctive odor. :p:)

When I was in 9th grade there was a day in which a school administrator read a post on facebook saying a bunch of kids were drinking at a party before school, so teachers went around asking anyone with red eyes if they were partying before school. I got questioned becuase i was up late doing my homework and so came to school tired.

All I did was deny drinking,

knowing what I know now I would've told her to mind her own business. what I do off campus is none of their concern.
They had a whole group called "TATU" (pronouced tattoo, teens against tobacco use) and they would go around posting all this anti-tobacco stuff and ask people "do you smoke" "you know the health concerns with that" "carrying tobacco stuffs on school property is against the handbook"

Just disgusting. grooming out a small percentage of students to be the "Secret Police" against their classmates.

Discouraging people and shaming them into not doing perfectly legal behaviors is not the school's job. I understand smoking is bad for you, no one disagrees with that, but remember people who put that energy into opposing smoking will happily take on the next cause "in the name of the greater good" because they feel good about themselves for doing it.

Last edited:

MamabearCali

Yet another reason to homeschool. You get to know where your kids are without tagging them like a dog. Ladies and gents, if you can, take your kids out of the public schools, they are poorly designed and are ineffective at education. Both private schools and homeschool are much more effective means to giving your children the education they need.

If they cannot keep track of the kids without tagging them like dogs they do not need to be caring for children. This is just a waste of time and $$. If the parents are worried about their kids and they know their child is a hooligan let them pay and keep track of the tagging. It is ridiculous to tag every child just cause a few cut class (oh the horror). Especially when this can be defeated by saying " hey billy, give you ten bucks to keep this in your bag."

Additionally, if these tags are not kept at school, then these tags go home and are the students being tracked there? The potential for abuse is high and the gains are small.

EMNofSeattle

Yet another reason to homeschool. You get to know where your kids are without tagging them like a dog. Ladies and gents, if you can, take your kids out of the public schools, they are poorly designed and are ineffective at education. Both private schools and homeschool are much more effective means to giving your children the education they need.

If they cannot keep track of the kids without tagging them like dogs they do not need to be caring for children. This is just a waste of time and $$. If the parents are worried about their kids and they know their child is a hooligan let them pay and keep track of the tagging. It is ridiculous to tag every child just cause a few cut class (oh the horror). Especially when this can be defeated by saying " hey billy, give you ten bucks to keep this in your bag."

Additionally, if these tags are not kept at school, then these tags go home and are the students being tracked there? The potential for abuse is high and the gains are small.

Don't worry, a government that does this will have no problem ending homeschooling sooner or later.

It's about time that people run for school boards, nearly all the school board seats went unopposed last year in my school district. If that keeps up I may run for school board....

people don't understand, if you isolate your life out of the school system, or any part of it, instead of fighting the wrong things they do they'll keep growing in power....

I said earlier, I think the people in my state should consider filing an initiative to prevent this kind of thing. and it's time for a full run with concerned members of the community being involved and attending the board meetings and running for board. this is not an incorrectable problem, it only requires a minimal level of committment that people aren't willing to make.

Believe it or not, people who testify to local government hearings usually have a good record at succeeding, the problem is, only a handful of people even bother to show up.

MamabearCali

Sure we should try to stop this...that is a no brainer. However it is not my local district that did this. Rest assured if they tried I would raise a stink. Kids in school or not, we all pay for the schools we all have an interest in the quality of them.

However I have a responsibility to my kids above that to our society to ensure that they get the education they need. I cannot and will not wait for the incrementally slow reform of our lack luster education system. I will not sacrifice my kids education on an altar of civil unity in education. As for them outlawing homeschooling...not likely in the foreseeable future.

TechnoWeenie

Disconnecting a 2 meter ham radio from its antenna and keying the mike?

how do you plan to hit it with the RF?

Umm.. the antenna is what gets the signal OUT. Disconnecting the antenna will just cause your finals to toast.

HERF.

AKA, magnetron from a microwave.

The magnetron will generate the microwaves, then use a waveguide to focus.....

TechnoWeenie

And of course, has EVERYTHING to do with MONEY..

Educators insist that the endeavor is being rolled out in Texas to stem the rampant truancy devastating the school's funding

At least their honest.. No 'It's for the children's safety!'....... They flat out say it.

Schools are paid based on attendance, more students = more money. Students skip class = lower attendance = less money.

The Northside Independent School District expects to collect upwards of $2 million in state funding by reversing its poor attendance figures, with the RFID program costing around one-quarter of that sum to initiate and another $136,005 in maintenance.

They spent $250,000 on a tracking system?? That will cost another $136K a year to maintain?

W T F...

"I had a teacher tell me I would not be allowed to vote because I did not have the proper voter ID," Hernandez told WND. "I had my old student ID card which they originally told us would be good for the entire four years we were in school. He said I needed the new ID with the chip in order to vote."

L O FREAKIN L

Aren't these the same liberals claiming that requiring an ID to vote isn't right? But they wanna require a 'smart ID', and invalid the old ones?

HAHAHahahaahaha

EMNofSeattle

And of course, has EVERYTHING to do with MONEY..

At least their honest.. No 'It's for the children's safety!'....... They flat out say it.

Schools are paid based on attendance, more students = more money. Students skip class = lower attendance = less money.

They spent $250,000 on a tracking system?? That will cost another $136K a year to maintain?

W T F...

L O FREAKIN L

Aren't these the same liberals claiming that requiring an ID to vote isn't right? But they wanna require a 'smart ID', and invalid the old ones?

HAHAHahahaahaha

Voter ID is only right if the election doesn't matter

I applaud this girl for standing up, stay strong!

carolina guy

Sure we should try to stop this...that is a no brainer. However it is not my local district that did this. Rest assured if they tried I would raise a stink. Kids in school or not, we all pay for the schools we all have an interest in the quality of them.

However I have a responsibility to my kids above that to our society to ensure that they get the education they need. I cannot and will not wait for the incrementally slow reform of our lack luster education system. I will not sacrifice my kids education on an altar of civil unity in education. As for them outlawing homeschooling...not likely in the foreseeable future.

*THUMBS UP* We are homeschooling our children. I may run for the local board in a couple years, but the local boards influence is limited since the state board has most of the real policy power. I guess this is something to check out as well. :)

carolina guy

Wasn't it Mark Twain who said that if elections mattered, they wouldn't let us vote?

Will Rogers:
Elections are a good deal like marriages. There's no accounting for anyone's taste. Every time we see a bridegroom we wonder why she ever picked him, and it's the same with public officials.

Thomas Jefferson:
A politician looks forward only to the next election. A statesman looks forward to the next generation.

T. S. Eliot:
An election is coming. Universal peace is declared and the foxes have a sincere interest in prolonging the lives of the poultry.

Otto von Bismarck:
People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.

sharkey

You do all realize your passports and credit cards already have RFID's?

I use a hole puncher for the credit cards.

EMNofSeattle

You do all realize your passports and credit cards already have RFID's?

I use a hole puncher for the credit cards.

Only if you have a contactless credit card that you have to opt to use.

My credit union doesn't even offer contactless cards, mine has no RFID chip in it, it's valid by signature and scan of the magnetic stripe
also defacing your credit card may make it invalid.

I don't presently have a passport either...

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Will Rogers:
Elections are a good deal like marriages. There's no accounting for anyone's taste. Every time we see a bridegroom we wonder why she ever picked him, and it's the same with public officials.

Thomas Jefferson:
A politician looks forward only to the next election. A statesman looks forward to the next generation.

T. S. Eliot:
An election is coming. Universal peace is declared and the foxes have a sincere interest in prolonging the lives of the poultry.

Otto von Bismarck:
People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.

Nice Jefferson quote. Talk about looking forward to the next generation, check out this letter from Jefferson to James Madison discussing whether one generation can bind a future generation by a perpetual constitution.

http://press-pubs.uchicago.edu/founders/documents/v1ch2s23.html