• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ohioopencarry.org

glockowner

Does anyone know who is behind/owns/runs ohioopencarry.org? Whois shows the domain is "private registered."

Seems like the time is ripe [given some of the conversations going on about the non-support from OFCC and Buckeye for OC] to really launch an organization for Open Carry in Ohio.

I've been really impressed with the Michigan Open Carry organization. If anyone knows about ooc.org, or is interested in starting an org like MIOpencarry.org, PM me please.

Thanks!

Last edited:

JmE

Seems like the time is ripe [given some of the conversations going on about the non-support from OFCC and Buckeye for OC] to really launch an organization for Open Carry in Ohio.
I agree. The time is now.

eye95

IMO, the site name is wonderful if it belongs to a group, and not to an individual. alabamaopencarry.com belongs to an individual who readily reminds folks that he "owns" the site. That is anti-grassroots. If the owner of the domain name is willing to give it to a group that will administer it in a republican (little "r") fashion, I will join and help. If the domain is owned by an individual, I will monitor it and call it out every time the "owner" acts arbitrarily.

Grassroots-sounding sites need to be grassroots-behaving!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Chuck!

Way to go, Slack
I'm sure Josh said it was OK to post his personal info here, right?

Last edited:

N605TW

Activist Member
I would like to see an active organization for open carry in Ohio. I have weird work hours, nights and weekends, so I don't think I could make too many events but I would love to try.

JSlack7851

I have left messages on Facebook and on 'his' phone. I told him about this thread, so if he is interested he will respond here.

Hareuhal

This is somewhat on topic....If no one is able to get a hold of this guy, and if everyone is interested, I would be more than willing and am more than capable to start up an open carry website dedicated to Ohio. I've got years of experience in that department.

If there are enough people interested in this, and if everyone feels like we can make it active, I'll gladly get to work on one.

eye95

Is there an open carry organization in Ohio? If not, I recommend we form one so that IT, and not SOMEONE, could own the site. I've kinda had my fill with SOMEONE owning the open carry site for a State.

theqbn

I would prefer people not post my name and facebook link, but it happens.

ohioopencarry.org is an unbiased and unaffiliated source for information on open carry in Ohio. There was some talk of a forum but it wasn't deemed necessary. OFCC, Buckeye Firearms, and opencarry.org all have active forums that can address that need.

If you want to start a group, by all means do. I would be more than happy to promote your websites and events with the OOC website and facebook.

The harsh truth is that these kind of efforts spring up all the time and then die as quickly as they started. You have two posts on this forum, how long have you been involved in OC activism? I support new activism but I'm not about to hand over an established domain that receives almost 2,000 visits a month and has established search engine placement to an unknown factor. Please don't take that personally.

opencarryohio.org doesn't seem to be in use, maybe you could contact the owner of that one?

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Is there an open carry organization in Ohio? If not, I recommend we form one so that IT, and not SOMEONE, could own the site. I've kinda had my fill with SOMEONE owning the open carry site for a State.

Based on your scenario you would need at least 15 owners; requiring 2/3rds consensus to accomplish something.

JSlack7851

I would prefer people not post my name and facebook link, but it happens.

opencarryohio.org doesn't seem to be in use, maybe you could contact the owner of that one?

Sorry theqbn, forgot the danger of posting names here. I've been posting mine, just didn't give it a second thought.

opencarryohio.org seems to have been hacked, some other site comes up.

Last edited:

Hareuhal

Sorry theqbn, forgot the danger of posting names here. I've been posting mine, just didn't give it a second thought.

You typed it wrong.

http://www.ohioopencarry.org/

The other one is someone who is just squatting on Ohio OC names, so that he can try to sell them to others for more than they're worth. He has another one, too.

Last edited:

theqbn

No worries, I know you had good intentions. It's not that hard to find out who I am.

opencarryohio.org is owned by a guy in Tipp City who would probably be open to selling the domain. That's why I suggested it. I haven't talked to him myself though. It sounds like somebody already bought a new domain, so that may not be necessary.

theqbn

IMO, the site name is wonderful if it belongs to a group, and not to an individual. alabamaopencarry.com belongs to an individual who readily reminds folks that he "owns" the site. That is anti-grassroots. If the owner of the domain name is willing to give it to a group that will administer it in a republican (little "r") fashion, I will join and help. If the domain is owned by an individual, I will monitor it and call it out every time the "owner" acts arbitrarily.

I'd like to address this. I'm not familiar with whatever drama seems to be going on in the AL open carry scene, but I can understand the frustration. This is part of why I have avoided running a forum on ohioopencarry.org - I have no desire to moderate the people's discussion. I have no desire to be a dictator. My site and the associated facebook page is intended to be an entirely neutral, "fact-first" source of information for OC in Ohio.

I think an OC-oriented group in Ohio would be great. I do not have the time to organize it myself, so I have kept out of the running for such. As I've stated, I would be entirely supportive of any such group and its events.

I hope everyone understands that I am in no way opposed to or dismissive of a new OC group in Ohio. I would be glad to attend any central OH events for OC and those in other locations as my finances permit. I believe OC to be a worthy cause and am welcome to any discourse regarding the improvement or advancement thereof.

theqbn

As an additional note, and I apologize for responding 3 times to the same thread, but for those who are wondering why ohioopencarry.org has been fairly dormant, I have been going through a divorce and multiple moves and job changes in the past few years. To some extent, I rely on others to inform me of important developments in the Ohio OC world. We are all trying to devote time to a worthy cause out of our busy lives and I hope you all understand the challenges that arise from that.

JmE

I have been going through a divorce and multiple moves and job changes in the past few years.
Sorry to read that you're going through so much. Some of us here have been through similar and know that it's a rough road. Here's to better times ahead.