• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NC in the rain

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Well..since there's not much going on here and it's raining and I'm disarmed and helpless:uhoh:

Here's another picture from this weekend.

aplant3.jpg

I figured it was OK since VCDL posted about a fierce rabid Beaver up in Fairfax.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Hard to tell from the picture, but that appears to be a good sized bear for NC. Most of the ones I have seen were smaller.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Hard to tell from the picture, but that appears to be a good sized bear for NC. Most of the ones I have seen were smaller.

Not NC=North Carolina (although I am on the border) NC= Not Carrying. He's mid sized, not the biggest one I have but not the smallest either.

lizjimbo

Why I carry doing a land survey

This is exactly why I carry my SR40 when I go to remote places to do land surveying here in Virginia. Hope I never have to find out if a 40 will stop an attacking black bear but it beats the hell out of a dull machete and claw hammer. Maybe I can make a "dead fall" with my wooden guard stakes.