Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: NV absentee ballots

  1. #1
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520

    NV absentee ballots

    FYI, in the reasons for requesting an absentee ballot, there is a box for "other" with no additional explanation required.

    My polling place is a school, a common issue nationwide for those of us who carry sidearms. I am voting by absentee ballot.
    Last edited by MAC702; 10-08-2012 at 04:00 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    Well then, you can OC to vote.


    As long as you don't have to take the ballot in to the PO to mail it.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  3. #3
    Regular Member The Big Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Waco, TX
    Posts
    1,950
    I vote early either at Albertsons or Vons. That makes it a non-issue.

    TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Yes, that is true, too. Our state lets you vote early at any polling place that is open.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    1,251
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Guy View Post
    I vote early either at Albertsons or Vons. That makes it a non-issue.

    TBG
    I too planned to vote at Albertsons, as my voting location changed from a church that was OC friendly, to the NLV airport. I am uncertain of the lagality of the NLV airport, but assume it would be no less restrictive than McCarren. Hmmmm I have OC'ed McCarren a couple of times. Any thoughts?

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    I served as an election judge in several elections in a heavily democratic leaning area ... I kicked out as many absentee ballots as I could .. about 1/2 examined.

  7. #7
    Founder's Club Member thebigsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Quarryville, PA
    Posts
    3,543

    NV absentee ballots

    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I served as an election judge in several elections in a heavily democratic leaning area ... I kicked out as many absentee ballots as I could .. about 1/2 examined.
    For legitimate reasons?
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    For legitimate reasons?
    If you mean to improve the voting results for my party, then yes. Must be a newbie to politics...lol

    Keep the Faith !

  9. #9
    Founder's Club Member thebigsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Quarryville, PA
    Posts
    3,543

    NV absentee ballots

    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    If you mean to improve the voting results for my party, then yes. Must be a newbie to politics...lol

    Keep the Faith !
    So you're admitting to election fraud which is illegal and and you're now condoning it in violation of the forum rules. You may think it's funny but I certainly do not. I have served as an election judge for the last 8 years, it is a position that takes a high level of integrity. I hope your post was made in jest.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    487

    Re: NV absentee ballots

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    So you're admitting to election fraud which is illegal and and you're now condoning it in violation of the forum rules. You may think it's funny but I certainly do not. I have served as an election judge for the last 8 years, it is a position that takes a high level of integrity. I hope your post was made in jest.
    This. I want my candidates to win, but honestly. Subverting the integrity of such positions makes you no better than the ACORN crooks. I sure hope this was a joke..

    Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    ---
    Carry On

  11. #11
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by DON`T TREAD ON ME View Post
    I too planned to vote at Albertsons, as my voting location changed from a church that was OC friendly, to the NLV airport. I am uncertain of the lagality of the NLV airport, but assume it would be no less restrictive than McCarren. Hmmmm I have OC'ed McCarren a couple of times. Any thoughts?
    OC is legal in NV in the unrestricted (TSA-screened) areas of public airports.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    So you're admitting to election fraud which is illegal and and you're now condoning it in violation of the forum rules. You may think it's funny but I certainly do not. I have served as an election judge for the last 8 years, it is a position that takes a high level of integrity. I hope your post was made in jest.

    That was years ago (I imagine that this still occurs where I was a judge). Any signature defect was one that was tossed. You can judge as you like. I'm picky. And its not illegal .. you should not accuse folks w/o evidence.

  13. #13
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    OC is legal in NV in the unrestricted (TSA-screened) areas of public airports.
    I understand that it is ILLEGAL to conceal in non-secure portions of airports in NV so IF one is to carry there OPEN CARRY is required!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  14. #14
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    I understand that it is ILLEGAL to conceal in non-secure portions of airports in NV so IF one is to carry there OPEN CARRY is required!
    For public airports, yes. You can conceal at private airports.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  15. #15
    Founder's Club Member thebigsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Quarryville, PA
    Posts
    3,543

    NV absentee ballots

    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    That was years ago (I imagine that this still occurs where I was a judge). Any signature defect was one that was tossed. You can judge as you like. I'm picky. And its not illegal .. you should not accuse folks w/o evidence.
    In regards to evidence, look at my last post where I quoted you providing all the evidence required.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pointy end and slightly to the left
    Posts
    1,539
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    In regards to evidence, look at my last post where I quoted you providing all the evidence required.
    Yep, no evidence needed when one confesses to the crime.
    Last edited by 28kfps; 10-19-2012 at 01:03 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •