• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC to be brought up at the next MSSA BOD meeting

mspgunner

If you are a member of the MSSA get the location from your news letter of the next MSSA BOD- http://www.missourisportshooting.org/ -meeting Sat. Oct. 13th.

As a member of the Board of Directors I have requested that Open Carry be on the agenda of the next BOD meeting.

***Members*** of the MSSA are always welcome to attend, only members of the BOD may address the Board (with rare exception), if you want to see what really goes on, come on out to Columbia, MO. the 13th.

This will be my frist "presentation" at a BOD meeting, I'm out for OC rights 7 days a week!

OC for ME

If members of the BOD are the only folks who can address the BOD, why go?

I could read the minutes of the meeting if minutes are taken and then subsequently posted.

Or, is OC going to be one of those "rare exceptions?"

Will the topic be made a rare exception during the meeting? Will we have advanced notice that the topic is open to non-BOD members?

mspgunner

If members of the BOD are the only folks who can address the BOD, why go?

I could read the minutes of the meeting if minutes are taken and then subsequently posted.

Or, is OC going to be one of those "rare exceptions?"

Will the topic be made a rare exception during the meeting? Will we have advanced notice that the topic is open to non-BOD members?

It is a chance to go to a BOD meeting, see what happens there and see the actual presentation and "DISCUSSION" within the BOD. Not everything is in the minutes, it is not a deposition. I hope if soem OCers go perhaps they might be motivated to seek positions on the BOD. I attended 4 or 5 meetings, then went to the annual banquet (elections) and now on the BOD. If enough pro-OC people were on the BOD it would make life easier!!! The BOd like the voting public - There is apathy! I have a detailed proposal, if you want to hear it, you gotta go. I know there are a few OCers who wil lbe going, this is that important to them, they'll make the trek. It is up to the president of the MSSA (I suppose) to let or not let members speak at the meeting. I did speak some time ago, briefly not as member of the BOD but such opportunities are rare unless information is requested and no members of the BOD has the information requested. I raised my hand and was called on when this situation happend. I would no go if you specifically expect that you will chime in.
There is a lot of discussions that are not detailed in the news letter, it can't be that thick and mailed at a reasonable price. The meetings are generally short, but very informative in regard to what the MSSA is really about. It's more than a web site discussion group.