Thread: Old town Alexandria and Springfield

Regular Member Geoffrey Griffith's Avatar

Old town Alexandria and Springfield

New to Living in VA even though I have worked here for 17 years. Recently started OC. No problems in Old Town Alexandria. Went to the Home Depot in Springfield and Austin grill on Old Keene mill last night and had no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey Griffith View Post
    New to Living in VA even though I have worked here for 17 years. Recently started OC. No problems in Old Town Alexandria. Went to the Home Depot in Springfield and Austin grill on Old Keene mill last night and had no issues.

Good for you and welcome to the forum. There are lots of OC'ers in NoVA to connect with, jump right in I'm sure you'll be welcomed.

VCDL has monthly meetings in NoVA please try to attend if you haven't already.
    Last edited by Marco; 10-09-2012 at 10:21 AM.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Welcome. I'm in LA (Lower Alexandria, some people call it) - near Mt Vernon. I've found nearly universal acceptance with open carry in the almost-ten years I've been here.

If I recall correctly, VCDL tried to have an event at Austin Grille a few years back (making a point to Dick Saslaw) and were told at the door they (the company, not the employees) are anti-gun and we weren't welcome. Hope you enjoyed your meal.

Quote Originally Posted by IanB View Post
    If I recall correctly, VCDL tried to have an event at Austin Grille a few years back (making a point to Dick Saslaw) and were told at the door they (the company, not the employees) are anti-gun and we weren't welcome. Hope you enjoyed your meal.
    Austin Grill has changed their management style. They are privately owned but operate like a corporation. They are no longer anti-gun, I guess they decided their branding was a conflict with the old policy

Teds Montana Grill on Eisenhower is very Pro-Gun. The manager Rob carries himself when not at work although typically concealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Good for you and welcome to the forum. There are lots of OC'ers in NoVA to connect with, jump right in I'm sure you'll be welcomed.

VCDL has monthly meetings in NoVA please try to attend if you haven't already.
    Thanks I will check that out and get to one soon.

Teds Montana Grill on Eisenhower is very Pro-Gun. The manager Rob carries himself when not at work although typically concealed.[/QUOTE]

This restaurant was started by Ted Turner (of CNN fame). Is he, and by extension, his restaurant, gun friendly? Want to make sure before I go. I checked out hte restaurants website and didn't see anything that would suggest they are pro-/antigun. But the bison burgers sure looked yummy!

Quote Originally Posted by Arma1911 View Post
    Teds Montana Grill on Eisenhower is very Pro-Gun. The manager Rob carries himself when not at work although typically concealed.
    This restaurant was started by Ted Turner (of CNN fame). Is he, and by extension, his restaurant, gun friendly? Want to make sure before I go. I checked out hte restaurants website and didn't see anything that would suggest they are pro-/antigun. But the bison burgers sure looked yummy![/QUOTE]

I am not sure his position but I do know that the restaurant is gun friendly. Do not expect to get an alcoholic drink at the bar if you are OC but you are welcome to sit there and eat without hassle and probably will have a great conversation. Yes the Bison is great. They also have an excellent gluten free menu.