• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Old town Alexandria and Springfield

Geoffrey Griffith

New to Living in VA even though I have worked here for 17 years. Recently started OC. No problems in Old Town Alexandria. Went to the Home Depot in Springfield and Austin grill on Old Keene mill last night and had no issues.

Marco

New to Living in VA even though I have worked here for 17 years. Recently started OC. No problems in Old Town Alexandria. Went to the Home Depot in Springfield and Austin grill on Old Keene mill last night and had no issues.

Good for you and welcome to the forum. There are lots of OC'ers in NoVA to connect with, jump right in I'm sure you'll be welcomed.

VCDL has monthly meetings in NoVA please try to attend if you haven't already.

Last edited:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Welcome. I'm in LA (Lower Alexandria, some people call it) - near Mt Vernon. I've found nearly universal acceptance with open carry in the almost-ten years I've been here.

IanB

If I recall correctly, VCDL tried to have an event at Austin Grille a few years back (making a point to Dick Saslaw) and were told at the door they (the company, not the employees) are anti-gun and we weren't welcome. Hope you enjoyed your meal.

Geoffrey Griffith

If I recall correctly, VCDL tried to have an event at Austin Grille a few years back (making a point to Dick Saslaw) and were told at the door they (the company, not the employees) are anti-gun and we weren't welcome. Hope you enjoyed your meal.

Austin Grill has changed their management style. They are privately owned but operate like a corporation. They are no longer anti-gun, I guess they decided their branding was a conflict with the old policy :)

Teds Montana Grill on Eisenhower is very Pro-Gun. The manager Rob carries himself when not at work although typically concealed.

Arma1911

Teds Montana Grill on Eisenhower is very Pro-Gun. The manager Rob carries himself when not at work although typically concealed.[/QUOTE]

This restaurant was started by Ted Turner (of CNN fame). Is he, and by extension, his restaurant, gun friendly? Want to make sure before I go. I checked out hte restaurants website and didn't see anything that would suggest they are pro-/antigun. But the bison burgers sure looked yummy!

Geoffrey Griffith

Teds Montana Grill on Eisenhower is very Pro-Gun. The manager Rob carries himself when not at work although typically concealed.

This restaurant was started by Ted Turner (of CNN fame). Is he, and by extension, his restaurant, gun friendly? Want to make sure before I go. I checked out hte restaurants website and didn't see anything that would suggest they are pro-/antigun. But the bison burgers sure looked yummy![/QUOTE]

I am not sure his position but I do know that the restaurant is gun friendly. Do not expect to get an alcoholic drink at the bar if you are OC but you are welcome to sit there and eat without hassle and probably will have a great conversation. Yes the Bison is great. They also have an excellent gluten free menu.