Thread: Florida AG Says Carrying A Gun is always Presumably a Crime

Florida AG Says Carrying A Gun is always Presumably a Crime

Found this in my news feed on Facebook from Campus Carry. The author includes uploaded .pdf's of the court cases being discussed. At the very least, I wouldn't recommend having an Attorney General that can handle high school level math and statistics.

Florida AG Says Carrying A Gun is always presumably a crime
    "There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace." ~ Aldo Leopold

Trailrunner's Blog
    Got Twitter?

Quote Originally Posted by TrailRunner View Post
    At the very least, I wouldn't recommend having an Attorney General that can handle high school level math and statistics.
    We're at the point now in this country where the courts are mostly there to rubber stamp tyranny and nonsense. That's always been the tendency, government courts being a part of the government, but now it's kind of a big joke. Bondi could have given the Chewbaca defense and this court would side with her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xywqv1cDH8
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Wow!

I too thought that AG Bondi was smarter than this. Carrying a gun is likely a crime because only 5% have a CWP? I'd like to hear her in person further articulate and hopefully retract/refine her position.

Quote Originally Posted by MackTheKnife View Post
    I too thought that AG Bondi was smarter than this. Carrying a gun is likely a crime because only 5% have a CWP? I'd like to hear her in person further articulate and hopefully retract/refine her position.
    Florida Carry is currently awaiting a response from AG Bondi's office.
    Rich
    MSgt, USAF Ret.
    Executive Director
    Florida Carry, Inc.
    www.floridacarry.org
    Glock 23 RTF2
    Mosin Nagant M91/30 (1942 Izhevsk)

Is this the same person?

“Many Floridians are unaware that their Attorney General, Pam Bondi, has asked the U.S. Supreme Court to allow states to make racial profiling a legally-acceptable police practice. She has done so by joining 15 other attorneys general in support of Arizona’s deeply-flawed ‘show me your papers’ law.

Source: http://www.aclufl.org/ (April 24)

Last edited by seminoles1999; 10-11-2012 at 12:36 AM.

She keeps me safe from bath salts. That was her big thing, getting them banned. I'm glad Rick Scott appointed someone who could keep me away from them.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Regalado v. State, 25 So. 3d 600 - Fla: Dist. Court of Appeals, 4th Dist. 2009
    "Despite the obvious potential danger to officers and the public by a person in possession of a concealed gun in a crowd, this is not illegal in Florida unless the person does not have a concealed weapons permit, a fact that an officer cannot glean by mere observation. Based upon our understanding of both Florida and United States Supreme Court precedent, stopping a person solely on the ground that the individual possesses a gun violates the Fourth Amendment."
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Regalado v. State, 25 So. 3d 600 - Fla: Dist. Court of Appeals, 4th Dist. 2009
    "Despite the obvious potential danger to officers and the public by a person in possession of a concealed gun in a crowd, this is not illegal in Florida unless the person does not have a concealed weapons permit, a fact that an officer cannot glean by mere observation. Based upon our understanding of both Florida and United States Supreme Court precedent, stopping a person solely on the ground that the individual possesses a gun violates the Fourth Amendment."
    The 3rd DCA has already certified their dissent on this opinion, which is why it is going to the FL Supreme Court.
    Rich
    MSgt, USAF Ret.
    Executive Director
    Florida Carry, Inc.
    www.floridacarry.org
    Glock 23 RTF2
    Mosin Nagant M91/30 (1942 Izhevsk)

Toljaso.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Before Officer May even approached Petitioner, he had observed a piece of a handle which he identified was a firearm. And, when the officer approached Petitioner and asked whether he had anything on
    him, the encounter was a consensual encounter, where reasonable suspicion was not needed. But when Petitioner replied, “no,” and the officer asked to pat him down knowing that Petitioner was lying about having the firearm, Petitioner had the opportunity to inform Officer May that he had a license to carry the firearm. Because he did not do so, Officer May had the requisite reasonable suspicion at this point in time to conduct a pat down.
    Wow, just wow.

Florida AG Says Carrying A Gun is always presumably a crime
    That's because the state practically requires its legally-armed residents to conceal their firearms like criminals do.

This can be spun into a very pro-OC argument to the courts and lawmakers.
    Last edited by MAC702; 10-19-2012 at 05:17 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by Xulld View Post
    Wow, just wow.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P2jJdrz9bY

I really feel like this forum, and all these vocal but non-functional gun owners, are dirty hippies in disguise. They talk a lot. They protest. They have their signs... But I think Bill Engvall handed them out. They never do anything.

All bark and no bite.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P2jJdrz9bY

I really feel like this forum, and all these vocal but non-functional gun owners, are dirty hippies in disguise. They talk a lot. They protest. ..................... They never do anything.

All bark and no bite.
    I'll kindly remind you that some of us DO go out of our way to make waves, no matter how small they might be in our own corner of the state.

AD
    NRA Life - AMA Life - ABATE Life
    Viet-Nam Helicopters Pilots Assn - Life
    IDPA, ICORE and USPSA carry gun shooter - Glock Armorer
    NRA Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by ADulay View Post
    I'll kindly remind you that some of us DO go out of our way to make waves, no matter how small they might be in our own corner of the state.

AD
    T'was a much larger indictment than that. Gun owners have completely forgotten what the guns are for.

When a government entity ceases to obey the laws of the Republic, it has seceded from that Republic. This isn't a Democracy, it's a Democratic Republic, and it's Constitution has been completely forgotten, exchanged for mob rule of lazy idiots. Most of which are so very proud to be destroying the once great country they live in.