• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

visiting boilingbrook from oregon

bwboley

Activist Member
Hello boy i feel naked with out my firearm here. Was down in talladaga with my uncle watching nascar live then road up here with him.
Glad i didnt bring my glock to albama herd my 15 round mags would be illegal in Illinois lol

Last edited:

junglebob

Hello boy i feel naked with out my firearm here. Was down in talladaga with my uncle watching nascar live then road up here with him.
Glad i didnt bring my glock to albama herd my 15 round mags would be illegal in Illinois lol

Illinois has no magazine restrictions. We have better transport laws than a lot of states, an unloaded handgun with ammo in the case loaded in a magazine is legal and the state supreme court ruled that a closed console is a case. Chicago does have more restrictive transport ordinances.

My wife was driving to Michigan this week, checked their transport requirements - unloaded, inaccessible, ammo not in same case. Michigan accepts no non-resident LTC. Michigan you make it worse for travelers from Illinois than Illinois does for Michigan travelers to travel with a firearm.