• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What can we do right now to promote OC rights in Missouri?

mspgunner

The legislature does not go into session until Jan. There are things you can do right now to help with the cause.

If you don't belong to GCLA/WMSA or the MSSA you should. They have great influence on our 2A rights in Missouri.

There ARE members of their BOD who support OC, we need more of them!

Membership is "cheap"! Join, email members of their BOD and voice your support of OC rights.

They don't all read this forum, but they do represent the membership.

Sit and whine, cry and call people names, but if you want to make a difference do something. Exercise your voice to the people who do work to make a difference and have a loud voice.

Join these Missouri groups who do make a difference. If no one does jack sh^t, nothing will get accomplished. Many sit here typing and being critical, accomplishes NOTHING.

There are other folks actually working to get our rights back, pick your side.

Doing something or doing nothing!

mspgunner

Making a difference

I had a few PMs related to the MSSA BOD meeting.
FYI - Letters sent to the MSSA BOD are read at the meeting.
Check you news letter, there is an address and email address.

Voice your opinions to the MSSA and ask that it be read at the BOD meeting! Same goes for GCLA and WMSA.

Let freedom ring!

Is MSSA an affiliate of the NRA?

Did the NRA gut any and all OC pre-emption in MO this year? Even though they did push the flash bill.

Just asking.

mspgunner

Is MSSA an affiliate of the NRA?

Did the NRA gut any and all OC pre-emption in MO this year? Even though they did push the flash bill.

Just asking.

The preemption bills did not get a hearing last year.
The NRA Rep is gone now, there will be a new one.
The whole story of what happened last year can be found in the news letter available for down load.
See the "link" below in the signature.

I cannot answer exactly what affiliation there is between the the MSSA and NRA. I would recommend you email the MSSA contact in the newsletter for an exact answer.

The preemption bills did not get a hearing last year.
The NRA Rep is gone now, there will be a new one.
The whole story of what happened last year can be found in the news letter available for down load.
See the "link" below in the signature.

I cannot answer exactly what affiliation there is between the the MSSA and NRA. I would recommend you email the MSSA contact in the newsletter for an exact answer.

Copied directly from the MSSA website.

"MSSA is the Missouri State Association for the National Rifle Association (NRA), USA Shooting, and the Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP), and is a member of the Conservation Federation of Missouri."

mspgunner

The NRA has been a mixed bag here in Missouri. There are steps being taken. I can say the NRA IS NOT against open carry despite what happend last year in Missouri.
There are discussions being carried out, that's al lI can say. You'll have to wait for it to play out.
Next year is along way away but the wheels of 2A rights are well engaged. I never post what is happening until the fat lady has a roll to play before she sings.

I will post what happens when it happens. That will not be till well into the legislative session next year. We need the right people of both parties in the legislature who support 2A/OC rights. Support the candiates of your choice.

If anyone has "ideas" on 2A rights of course call, email. write the legislators in your district with them, every bit of pro help is good.

There will be a time next year when visiting youtr legislators in Jeff City would be a great idea! I'll be there a lot. I'll post the important things as they develope next year. Hopefully 2013 will be the year!

Stay tuned, but it will be a while. "WE" are not asleep at the wheel, the wheel turns slow this time of year.

WCEarp

Every little bit helps

To piggy back on mspgunner's sentiments, every little bit of positive voice helps. My state senator's reply to my letter states that he wholly supports my pro open carry position and will look into supporting any pro 2nd amendment legislation. Whether he did before or if my letter helped sway him(ha, I'm not that eloquent) is not the point. He now knows that he has another constituent that is pro open carry.

I will be adding my name to the rolls of state wide shooting and gun rights groups. I will also be letting them know that they have another open carry advocate within their ranks.

Our reps and organizations that we belong to do not know how many people are supportive of our agenda if we do not speak up.

Writing letters just to say hello and that you support open carry takes no longer than writing on this forum. Just remember to say thank you for their time and be polite.

mspgunner

To piggy back on mspgunner's sentiments, every little bit of positive voice helps. My state senator's reply to my letter states that he wholly supports my pro open carry position and will look into supporting any pro 2nd amendment legislation. Whether he did before or if my letter helped sway him(ha, I'm not that eloquent) is not the point. He now knows that he has another constituent that is pro open carry.

I will be adding my name to the rolls of state wide shooting and gun rights groups. I will also be letting them know that they have another open carry advocate within their ranks.

Our reps and organizations that we belong to do not know how many people are supportive of our agenda if we do not speak up.

Writing letters just to say hello and that you support open carry takes no longer than writing on this forum. Just remember to say thank you for their time and be polite.

My State senator is Brian Nieves, he introduced the pre-emption bill last year SB 680. Please tell us who your Senator is.

OC for ME

Senate District 2, S. Rupp.
House District 13, C. Gatschenberger.

They should be aware of my views regarding Article I, Section 23 and my displeasure of RSMo 21.750.3.....in a respectful manner of course.

mspgunner

Senate District 2, S. Rupp.
House District 13, C. Gatschenberger.

They should be aware of my views regarding Article I, Section 23 and my displeasure of RSMo 21.750.3.....in a respectful manner of course.

I know them both, good people!
I hope you'll join us for our next OC gathering, most are held at JJ's in St. Charles, not far from you.