• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

College student sues LAPD for brutal Taser beat down

sudden valley gunner

http://rt.com/usa/news/student-lapd-oghogho-burton-683/

Really.

DOH!

So, is this a case of fitting the report to the evidence or a honest misunderstanding.

We have discovered this is common practice in my town in Washington too. Especially against OC'ers.

In many instances the report isn't filed until you ask for one, and then you can see where officers sat around a table to be on the same page, and inserted after the fact assertions to counter what they believe will be the charge against them.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
oh geez, not this again.

Since you haven't cited the code or ordinance 'banning' open carry in California, I think it is evident that your assertion is not supported by fact. Furthermore, I think this proves that your intent here isnt to be helpful or informative, but to troll the California forum so you can mock or frustrate participants who have chosen to stay here, from the safety of your easy liberty in a 'free state'.

Save Our State

So, what are you telling me? That in addition to gun, magazines, holster, tactical knife, flashlight, and voice-recorder, now I gotta carry a spare box of donuts to lure them away? :p

If you're bold enough to intervene in that type of situation, lose the gun, mags and holster, and put all your eggs in the donut basket. If nothing else, it has never been tried before

mjones

Since you haven't cited the code or ordinance 'banning' open carry in California, I think it is evident that your assertion is not supported by fact. Furthermore, I think this proves that your intent here isnt to be helpful or informative, but to troll the California forum so you can mock or frustrate participants who have chosen to stay here, from the safety of your easy liberty in a 'free state'.

+1

Save Our State

well, since open carry is now essentially completly illegal in california its hard to talk about open carry.

maybe we could all sit around and wax nostalgic about days past ?

A bit premature. The law on long guns hasn't taken effect, and law on handguns still allows carry under a few exemptions. This is one of the things that so annoys me about people on the verge of becoming sheeple. They do the prohibitionists desires work for them. The law says this, but it means that. In this case, you're furthering the mistaken premise that the law on long guns has already taken effect, and that it means more than it says.

Ca Patriot

but to troll the California forum so you can mock or frustrate participants who have chosen to stay here, from the safety of your easy liberty in a 'free state'.

why would open carry participants in california be frustrated ? open carry is in its heyday and everyone is doing it. these are the glory days my friend, these are the glory days !!!

btw - i love your videos of you open carrying, they are great :)

Ca Patriot

If you read the forum, you would already know whether or not I am licensed to carry. It is however, irrelevant to the subject as to whether or not readers of this forum believe you are a troll, gloating about freedom outside the Golden State.

real mature that you cant even answer a simple question.

Save Our State

~116 exemptions to OC? Good luck and post video of OCers.

Although there are 116 exemptions in AB144, realistically and practically only about 10 of them would be usable by the average OC'er. Out of those ten, only about half are really practical. But then again, only one or two is all you really need.

By the way; CCW is irrelevant to OC. The operative words are Concealed and Open Carried. When you get a CCW, it is a permit to conceal, not a permit to OC.

OC for ME

But the law as it stands now prohibits OC to a coffee shop, to the Walmart.....ect. Seems like a great risk to OC in California where OC is effectively outlawed. I feel for ya.

Good luck and keep working to get California back to where California belongs, a great state that recognizes liberty and the freedom to exercise liberty within the confines of the law.

Ca Patriot

But the law as it stands now prohibits OC to a coffee shop, to the Walmart.....ect. Seems like a great risk to OC in California where OC is effectively outlawed. I feel for ya.

Good luck and keep working to get California back to where California belongs, a great state that recognizes liberty and the freedom to exercise liberty within the confines of the law.

Condition Three will be along shortly to tell you that open carry is alive and well and there are no laws prohibiting it in California.

Its been about a year since I challenged people like Condition Three to provide some videos or proof that people still open carry hand guns but so far no one has.

Now that long gun open carry is going to be banned i'm sure people like him will tell you its not banned and you can do it anywhere and anytime.

Of course, people in California are well known to be a little out of touch with reality and set in their delusions of California Utopia.

Save Our State

Condition Three will be along shortly to tell you that open carry is alive and well and there are no laws prohibiting it in California.

Its been about a year since I challenged people like Condition Three to provide some videos or proof that people still open carry hand guns but so far no one has.

Now that long gun open carry is going to be banned i'm sure people like him will tell you its not banned and you can do it anywhere and anytime.

Of course, people in California are well known to be a little out of touch with reality and set in their delusions of California Utopia.

C'mon now Ca Patriot. (you might want to change that moniker to Ca Patronizer) No one has ever said you could do it anytime, anywhere. You're waving a red flag in front of a crowd hoping a bull will emerge so you can hog tie it and then win a fight with it that no one here would really cheer for. And no one here has any lofty utopian-laden dreams. We work hard and reverently to obtain realities that we desire. Seems like you want to punish us all for that

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
That was a nice metaphor, SaveOurState. I'm not commenting on the merits of the current arguments; but it was a nice metaphor for a strawman argument.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
do you have a CCW ?

If you read the forum, you would already know whether or not I am licensed to carry. It is however, irrelevant to the subject as to whether or not readers of this forum believe you are a troll, gloating about freedom outside the Golden State.

real mature that you cant even answer a simple question.

The question that was asked was answered in a manner befitting your specific needs. Specifcally, I am suggesting that you read more (because the answer is here on the forum) and that your contributions become more judicious in their content and frequency.

How presumptuous of you to assume what I will post here. This presumption is further topped by this idea that we are here to entertain you by taking up your gauntlet in some interactive internet duel. No one is obligated to prove to you where and when open carry is being practiced - any belief that we must perform on your command is just as delusional as believing that California is some sort of Utopia.

As I have stated elsewhere, loaded open carry remains legal in about 85% of California, regardless of the assertions of you and the anti-gun community have made about the law. But for reasons that should be obvious, people are not in a hurry to produce videos of this activity to please out-of-state bewbs who insist that leaving the state is the only way to win liberty back.