• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2nd Saturday Reminder

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
This is an ongoing meet. The 2nd Saturday of every month at 9am.

Starbucks in Federal Way

[h=2]Federal Way Crossing[/h]1401 South 348th Street
M101
Federal Way, WA 980036882
United States
253-927-0593

Vitaeus

Wife and I get to stop by, we even made it a gun shopping and paying gig, since we are going to look for a new firearm for her and she has a massage client lined up over that way after.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
I will be there it will be my farewell to Wa. meeting the next OC meeting I attend will be in OK.

Clay,

Best to you on your journey to OK, where OC becomes legal (with a CWP) come November 1st.

I will not be there this Sat. as I will be in the woods looking for deer.

Last edited:

psbart

Clay, you will be missed. Was nice meeting more of my fellow OC'ers and the shopping to trip across the parking lot to Wholesale Sports was fun. Hope we can catch you folks again some time!

Pat
(that pregnant lady with a Sig)

1911er

Thanks to all for the great time today. Enjoyed Starbucks the shopping trip across the lot and especialy lunch with PSbart and Viteaus great place to eat. thanks for all the well wishes and as they say "I will see you in the funny papers". See you all on the forum .

1245A Defender

Well,,, Here is my report...

my clock woke me up in time to make coffee for the road...
but then naturally I fell back asleep.
I woke up 5 minutes after I was supposed to hit the road.
got up quick, strapped on the new 5 pound desert eagle, that i still havent tested,
and for ballast and proven security i strapped on my 2 pound Star modelo super.
both cross draw... I felt kind of cool...
poured some cola in my travel cup and got on the road 15 minutes behind schedule.

I drove like a sane but made man and after a 5 minute misdirect arived safe, sound and unticketed at 10:10,
just 10 minutes late,,, so I beat google maps by 15 minutes for a 50 mile trip!! not bad...

so the list of paticipants follows,,, names are approximate due to memery and spelling.

1.. 1911er Clay man of the hour, the day, we will miss him, moving to oklahoma on monday, a good friend.
2.. thebigdog
3.. hrlysef Bob
4.. Catherine
5.. Vitaeus jamie
6.. psbart pregnent, got a sig
7.. acmariner
8.. emnofseattle eric didnt bring a gun but he did conceal his empty holster!
9.. freedom1man shoulder rig and thigh rig, 2 guns but theyre both strong side..
10.. 1245a defender Me Bob late

so i got my pumkin latte and settled in with the crew.
we all sat together outside, it was cool, drizzilly but pleasant enough,, after my but rewarmed
itself after soaking up the rain wettness from the chair i grabbed.
we sat and did our socializing until #6 said she wanted to shop at the sportsmans wearhouse across the parking lot at about 11:00.
so she and #5 said their goodbyes and started off,
then it seems as if by stockholm syndrome, everybody else decided they also wanted to go shopping,,,
the weather was starting to get too sucky so it was the goodest plan for us to have.
so all 10 of us went to the store and comandeered the gun counter for about an hour.
one guy bought another 10/22 with a target barrel.
one guy bought a tiny breakdown survival rifle.
#4 checked out 2 henry lever actions and about 20!!! pistols! she wants a slim, compact 9 but shes willing to look at everyting else too...
I looked at a couple too.
dang,, all us together probably looked at half their inventory!

so at about noon we were getting done and drifting out and leaving the scene of the crime.
But 4 of us,,#s 7,8,9 and 10 gathered outside more visits, discussion, gossiping and general yacking.
yes we talked openly about the forum members that werent there to defend themselves,, take that eye95 and davidmcbeth, also others!!
#7 got excited when he saw a taco delmar,,, so we 4 straglers all went to lunch.
more talking,, the election, bla, bla and soforth....

I had a great time and enjoyed all the folks that were there,,, Im going to miss my friend...
I finally got in the car after we all broke up to go our seperate ways at 1:10, and got home about an hour later.. no ticket!

psbart

we sat and did our socializing until #6 said she wanted to shop at the sportsmans wearhouse across the parking lot at about 11:00.
so she and #5 said their goodbyes and started off,
then it seems as if by stockholm syndrome, everybody else decided they also wanted to go shopping,,,

how did I get blamed for the mass exodus to go shopping? Catherine is the one who left first!

1245A Defender

Well,,

how did I get blamed for the mass exodus to go shopping? Catherine is the one who left first!

Blame??? helf no... I was glad for the shopping trip,,, we were pretty much done with our coffe time anyway,,,and the weather
was gtiing worser too...
and I recall,, it was previously writ, that you wanted to squeeze a gun shopping trip in with this coffee visit.
so maybe I missremembered,,, I will be sorry if i was, but it wrunged out beautifully!
besides that,,, if its true that Catherine left first,, I would probably have asked her if I could go with her?

EMNofSeattle

Hey CLAY!

Take care of yourself, don't get Terry'd in Oklahoma! and If you do make sure to train these officers correctly

And as for you Bob (1245A Defender), for the record I made every attempt to open carry my holster,but it was cold and the dang coat kept creeping over it!

1245A Defender said:
yes we talked openly about the forum members that werent there to defend themselves,, take that eye95 and davidmcbeth, also others!!

All three OC events I've been too someone has talked about Davidmcbeth, I have to believe he's the one guy we can all make fun of, well him and SVG, I'm not going to mock freedom1man anymore because after talking to him in person I actually kinda like the guy.

Blame??? helf no... I was glad for the shopping trip,,, we were pretty much done with our coffe time anyway,,,and the weather
was gtiing worser too...

+1
I enjoyed going pistol shopping, I now know I want to buy that compact FNX-9, had a really good light squeeze for a DAO trigger.

It was great seeing Bob(1245A), Clay(1911er), Jaime(Vitaeus) and Pat(psbart) again, and meeting Freedom1man, acmariner, and Katherine, good meet for all, hopefully maybe I'll see most of you again next month, although I might commit to going to a south sound meet up to meet those guys from further south.

Last edited: