• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2nd Saturday Reminder

EMNofSeattle

I know they say Pics or it didn't happen

Rob McKenna and I in Silverdale after I left Fed. Way.
McKenna told me he had the NRA's endorsement and that he fully supports the right to open carry and to bear arms. He even remembered gogodawgs (and by his screen name too)

197473_378046442275593_543557883_n.jpg

Freedom1Man

Meet up on the 10th at the normal place and time!

I look forward to seeing ENM Seattle again if he would care to meet up again.

Yes, I know, we conflict but you're not a bad guy.

CA2373

how did I get blamed for the mass exodus to go shopping? Catherine is the one who left first!

What! Sure, blame it all on me why don't ya. :p I actually had things to do and people to see and wanted to check out a store I've never been into before. I will admit though that during the course of the next week I stopped in there about four times for various reasons.

As far as 9mm's go I like the kimber solo the best for the looks and feel (wish they were reliable), the M&P Shield for the good feel and being slim and last the Beretta Nano for being compact but not crazy about the trigger feel and no place for my pinky finger. Still shopping but need to wait a little while to recover from my last gun purchase.

I'm wondering if I'm talked about in other posts now... hummm

Freedom1Man

how did I get blamed for the mass exodus to go shopping? Catherine is the one who left first!

You were the first GUY to leave....

Besides we all liked the excuse to visit the toy store.

That and it was a way to keep a view on the pretty lady. Not that we didn't trust you mind you.

Last edited:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
This Saturday is also Auburn's Veterans Day parade:

Auburn Veterans Day Parade
One of the largest Veterans Day parades west of the Mississippi, the milelong parade includes military flyover, honor guards, veteran units, antique cars; starting at 11 a.m. Saturday, it travels west on Main Street from E Street Southeast to A Street Northwest, Auburn; displays open 9 a.m.-2 p.m. in downtown Auburn.

I will be going down after coffee to thank the Veterans in the parade, please join me in this great tradition.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
After some thought and conversation with others I have made a decision.

Freedom1Man and EMNofSeattle, I am asking you not to come to this monthly coffee event or others that I organize.

I had gathered from your postings and I have confirmed with my own observations that I do not feel that your presence is welcome when I am around.

I asked 3 times for you to be softer in your projection of your voice, to be met with continued overbearing conversation. Speaking louder does not make your point of view correct. Listening and respecting others builds respect. 'First seek to understand, then be understood.'

COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR TO KEEP THIS OFF THE FORUM

I have spent the last 3 years on this forum protecting my reputation and realizing that when I associate with OCDO members my reputation is the only thing that I truly own. I will not associate with others that threaten my reputation. And I feel that association with both of you threatens me reputation. I do not wish that any person, business or entity to not view my reputation as favorable and with integrity.

~nick

p.s. I understand that these events occur in a public space and you are free to show up and disregard my request. I will simply leave. I have spoken with many who have encountered you both and have similar concerns. Many don't post on the forum often and many don't attend meet and greets because of concerns like I have expressed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Freedom1Man

I asked 3 times for you to be softer in your projection of your voice, to be met with continued overbearing conversation. Speaking louder does not make your point of view correct. Listening and respecting others builds respect. 'First seek to understand, then be understood.'

I know I was expressing my observations of a limited area on that subject.

You observations in a different area maybe and likely are different and I, for one, was not saying that your observations were in anyway wrong. I was just pointing out that in the area I had observed, that the results were different.

I thought that I was only speaking about the area I had observed. I was not trying to call you a liar or anything like that.

EMN Was pointing out that his observations were similar to mine in the area he had observed.

In no way do our observations invalid your observations or vice versa.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
After some thought and conversation with others I have made a decision.

Freedom1Man and EMNofSeattle, I am asking you not to come to this monthly coffee event or others that I organize.

I had gathered from your postings and I have confirmed with my own observations that I do not feel that your presence is welcome when I am around.

I have spent the last 3 years on this forum protecting my reputation and realizing that when I associate with OCDO members my reputation is the only thing that I truly own. I will not associate with others that threaten my reputation. And I feel that association with both of you threatens me reputation. I do not wish that any person, business or entity to not view my reputation as favorable and with integrity.

~nick

p.s. I understand that these events occur in a public space and you are free to show up and disregard my request. I will simply leave. I have spoken with many who have encountered you both and have similar concerns. Many don't post on the forum often and many don't attend meet and greets because of concerns like I have expressed.

Would it work if F1M and EMN agreed to tone down the volume?