Thread: Four Milwaukee Officers Stand Accused

Four Milwaukee Officers Stand Accused

Reading this article makes me more on the edge about visiting the city. Why is the police department not kept in check by the Mayor regarding the conduct of the officers and as some of you have experienced their overzealousness regarding OC or any other right protected by the constitution. Either the victims are trying to cover up their criminal activities or the officers did act illegally. May be the officers stopped them on probable cause. Anyone heard about this incident over there?

http://www.twincities.com/ci_2173260...twincities.com

McX
    beware the butt bandits. sounds like the right time to introduce my newest invention; the hinder minder; someone gets a little gropey, and the steel plate drops- access denied! coming soon to a S-Mart near you.

Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    Either the victims are trying to cover up their criminal activities or the officers did act illegally.

Or maybe a little bit of both...

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    beware the butt bandits. sounds like the right time to introduce my newest invention; the hinder minder; someone gets a little gropey, and the steel plate drops- access denied! coming soon to a S-Mart near you.
    Reminds me of the scene in one of the Naked Guns (2 1/2?) where Frank goes into the prison, someone drops the soap, Frank goes to pick it up, and his towel drops to reveal he is wearing iron underwear.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by Law abider
    Reading this article makes me more on the edge about visiting the city.
    If you can get this idea through the thick heads of the Mayor, city council, fire & police commission, & maybe the visitor's bureau & chamber of commerce, maybe something will change.

Why is the police department not kept in check by the Mayor regarding the conduct of the officers and as some of you have experienced their overzealousness regarding OC or any other right protected by the constitution.
    Because
    A) the mayor isn't in charge of the police dep't - they are overseen by the fire & police commission,
    and
    B) specifically w/r/t 2A rights Mayor Barrett is a member of MA(I)G*, & is categorically opposed to LACs & our self-defense tools.

*Mayors Against Illegal Guns, which really is against all guns, whether used by criminals to harm good law-abiding citizens, or used by those same intended victims to save themselves from peril.

Either the victims are trying to cover up their criminal activities or the officers did act illegally.
    I agree that it might be both.
    It's entirely possible that the officers had some reason to suspect the victims of wrongdoing, & the victims couldn't give a reasonable explanation of their conduct, or the officers weren't willing to accept the explanation.

But I know from experience (mine with the Sheriff's dep't via the Milwaukee County Jail) that officers will perform illegal searches & deny that they've done it... and the organization will also deny.

Apparently the criminal complaint against at least one of the MPD officers in this case details how he inserted a finger into the victim's rectum while supposedly searching for drugs (illegal, as the officer is probably not a "physician, physician assistant or registered nurse", & that's required to do a (legal) body cavity search - WI Stat 968.255(3)).
    This was supposedly done without wearing a glove.
    Except for blood relatives (& even then...) I can't imagine doing that. On a complete stranger, one suspected of high-risk behavior? N.F.W.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    Reading this article makes me more on the edge about visiting the city. Why is the police department not kept in check by the Mayor regarding the conduct of the officers and as some of you have experienced their overzealousness regarding OC or any other right protected by the constitution. Either the victims are trying to cover up their criminal activities or the officers did act illegally. May be the officers stopped them on probable cause. Anyone heard about this incident over there?

They will all be welcomed as TSA officers.
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy