• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Four Milwaukee Officers Stand Accused

Law abider

Reading this article makes me more on the edge about visiting the city. Why is the police department not kept in check by the Mayor regarding the conduct of the officers and as some of you have experienced their overzealousness regarding OC or any other right protected by the constitution. Either the victims are trying to cover up their criminal activities or the officers did act illegally. May be the officers stopped them on probable cause. Anyone heard about this incident over there?

http://www.twincities.com/ci_217326...=Search-www.twincities.com-www.twincities.com

M

McX

beware the butt bandits. sounds like the right time to introduce my newest invention; the hinder minder; someone gets a little gropey, and the steel plate drops- access denied! coming soon to a S-Mart near you.

protias

beware the butt bandits. sounds like the right time to introduce my newest invention; the hinder minder; someone gets a little gropey, and the steel plate drops- access denied! coming soon to a S-Mart near you.

Reminds me of the scene in one of the Naked Guns (2 1/2?) where Frank goes into the prison, someone drops the soap, Frank goes to pick it up, and his towel drops to reveal he is wearing iron underwear.

MKEgal

Law abider said:
Reading this article makes me more on the edge about visiting the city.
If you can get this idea through the thick heads of the Mayor, city council, fire & police commission, & maybe the visitor's bureau & chamber of commerce, maybe something will change.

Why is the police department not kept in check by the Mayor regarding the conduct of the officers and as some of you have experienced their overzealousness regarding OC or any other right protected by the constitution.
Because
A) the mayor isn't in charge of the police dep't - they are overseen by the fire & police commission,
and
B) specifically w/r/t 2A rights Mayor Barrett is a member of MA(I)G*, & is categorically opposed to LACs & our self-defense tools.

*Mayors Against Illegal Guns, which really is against all guns, whether used by criminals to harm good law-abiding citizens, or used by those same intended victims to save themselves from peril.

Either the victims are trying to cover up their criminal activities or the officers did act illegally.
I agree that it might be both.
It's entirely possible that the officers had some reason to suspect the victims of wrongdoing, & the victims couldn't give a reasonable explanation of their conduct, or the officers weren't willing to accept the explanation.

But I know from experience (mine with the Sheriff's dep't via the Milwaukee County Jail) that officers will perform illegal searches & deny that they've done it... and the organization will also deny.

Apparently the criminal complaint against at least one of the MPD officers in this case details how he inserted a finger into the victim's rectum while supposedly searching for drugs (illegal, as the officer is probably not a "physician, physician assistant or registered nurse", & that's required to do a (legal) body cavity search - WI Stat 968.255(3)).
This was supposedly done without wearing a glove. :shocker:
Except for blood relatives (& even then...) I can't imagine doing that. On a complete stranger, one suspected of high-risk behavior? N.F.W.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Reading this article makes me more on the edge about visiting the city. Why is the police department not kept in check by the Mayor regarding the conduct of the officers and as some of you have experienced their overzealousness regarding OC or any other right protected by the constitution. Either the victims are trying to cover up their criminal activities or the officers did act illegally. May be the officers stopped them on probable cause. Anyone heard about this incident over there?

http://www.twincities.com/ci_217326...=Search-www.twincities.com-www.twincities.com

They will all be welcomed as TSA officers.