• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

s&w bodyguard 380 broken lazer

Minnesota

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to post a problem I just ran into with my s&w bodyguard 380 auto. The laser just stopped working. I have about 500rds through the bugger. I love the pistol so far. Here is the email I sent today to s&w "qa@smith-wesson.com":

My name is Nick. I purchased a bodyguard 380 auto within the past year serial#EBJXXXX. I have also attached a picture of the guns serial number for you. The built in laser has stopped working. I did some research on some online forums to see if this is a common problem. To my finding it is. I tried what everyone else has done:

-replace batteries making sure to follow the "+" and "-" signs in the battery craddle/well (didn’t fix it)
-clean the contact points between the rubber button and the laser body’s brass button/contact point (no luck after cleaning)
-clicked the metal button on the laser body to see if the button still depressed/clicks (clicks but doesn’t turn the laser on)

I am now coming to you to see what we can do to fix this issue. This is my everyday carry gun with my Minnesota permit to carry. Every day without my gun in 100% working order makes me worry. Please get back to me as soon as possible!

Thank you for all your effort in advanced,

Nick

I will keep this up to date, anyone ever deal with S&W warranty work before? Just wanted to put this out there for others that may have this happen to them.

Minnesota

Thanks for the link to your post I'll look into it! I got an email back today, looks like I will be sending in just the laser to get a new one in return! :banana:

SAW REP
ATTN: ROZ
2100 Roosevelt AVE
Springfield, Ma 01104

Roz will replace with a new on
Have a good day
Michael