• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sound Credit Union..

Freedom1Man

Having a bank is better then trying to bury all your cash in jars in the back yard, hate it when I don't remember where I buried that $500 :lol::lol:

I don't know what you were drinking, smoking when you wrote this but I would wait next time before proceeding. :lol::lol:

I hate our modern banking system. If we stopped doing business with them they might finally either clean up their act or disappear.

I don't smoke. I also don't drink often or much.

If burying jars is your storage method then I will not even try to stop you.

Metalhead47

I hate our modern banking system. If we stopped doing business with them they might finally either clean up their act or disappear.

I don't smoke. I also don't drink often or much.

If burying jars is your storage method then I will not even try to stop you.

And what viable alternative to "our modern banking system" exists?

You might as well advocate abandoning shopping malls in hopes "they might disappear" :rolleyes:

There are times for obstinance, and times to acknowledge one can't win every battle. More reasonable to simply avoid going into bank branches the same way one avoids going into malls, since there's hardly any need anymore what with ATMs & online banking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freedom1Man

And what viable alternative to "our modern banking system" exists?

You might as well advocate abandoning shopping malls in hopes "they might disappear" :rolleyes:

There are times for obstinance, and times to acknowledge one can't win every battle. More reasonable to simply avoid going into bank branches the same way one avoids going into malls, since there's hardly any need anymore what with ATMs & online banking.

Deposit reserve banking.

No interest charged for loans, no fractional reserve lending, and friendly home town service.

How this works is that let's say that you're wanting to start a business. You want a loan of 100,000 dollars. I as the owner/manager of the bank would examine your business plan (normal) and hire an expert to help you be successful. The pay back would be 10-25% of "net" earnings until the loan was paid off plus X amount and then a 1-10% ownership in the business.

For houses there would not be a 30 year loan any longer. There would be 10 year or less loans (yes that will affect housing prices). Then there will not be an interest rate there will be a monthly billing fee of X fixed rate per month. That fee might vary based on the loan and the lending risk. The money would be from what the bank has in reserves at that time or from anyone who has created a lending account who wishes to build their funds by way of a monthly lending payment. There would be contracts and certain restrictions on such accounts.

This system works fine for a non inflationary system and works with paper, silver, gold, and/or whatever your medium of exchange is.

This is a rough outline of a friendly banking plan so it will need some fine tuning as thing progress.

Last edited:

Metalhead47

I meant a viable alternative that exists in the here & now, not a nice sounding idea that would be really great only if...

Enough of those floating around here already.