Thread: Issues with CPL in Monroe County

Issues with CPL in Monroe County

I have a student who has been having issues with Monroe County, his certificate has everything it needs, including the 5j statement, but apparently the Monroe County Clerks office is wanting something else, some kind of stamp as he puts it "mich. something with like 12 numbers". I think he was probably dealing with a confused counter person, and misunderstood, but he's trying again tomorrow, so we'll see what happens.

Has anyone else heard about anything like this before?, or know what stamp he is referring to? Has there been some kind of law change that's somehow slipped past me?

Any issues with Monroe county?

Quote Originally Posted by Small_Arms_Collector View Post
    I have a student who has been having issues with Monroe County, his certificate has everything it needs, including the 5j statement, but apparently the Monroe County Clerks office is wanting something else, some kind of stamp as he puts it "mich. something with like 12 numbers". I think he was probably dealing with a confused counter person, and misunderstood, but he's trying again tomorrow, so we'll see what happens.

Has anyone else heard about anything like this before?, or know what stamp he is referring to? Has there been some kind of law change that's somehow slipped past me?

Any issues with Monroe county?
    Living in Monroe County I follow the CPL issuance here pretty close. We have very few(if any) issues here. I recently (within the last few months) went through the process here again as my wife wanted her CPL, and we didn't have any issues, and no talk of a stamp or anything similar. The clerk here seems to know what they are doing as far as CPL's go, but I suppose it could be a new person or perhaps a confused worker of some kind. If you need anyone to meet you down there I can probably make it most days. Please see if you can find out exactly what they were asking for, so we can get it straightened out ASAP

if you know what time he is going there tomorrow i may be able to meet him down there, if he wants the assistance
    Last edited by detroit_fan; 10-10-2012 at 07:55 PM.
    If guns cause crime, all mine are defective- Ted Nugent

Quote Originally Posted by detroit_fan View Post
    Living in Monroe County I follow the CPL issuance here pretty close. We have very few(if any) issues here. I recently (within the last few months) went through the process here again as my wife wanted her CPL, and we didn't have any issues, and no talk of a stamp or anything similar. The clerk here seems to know what they are doing as far as CPL's go, but I suppose it could be a new person or perhaps a confused worker of some kind. If you need anyone to meet you down there I can probably make it most days. Please see if you can find out exactly what they were asking for, so we can get it straightened out ASAP

if you know what time he is going there tomorrow i may be able to meet him down there, if he wants the assistance
    I just heard back. No issues this time, everything was apparently submitted without a hitch, it seems it was indeed just a confused clerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Small_Arms_Collector View Post
    I just heard back. No issues this time, everything was apparently submitted without a hitch, it seems it was indeed just a confused clerk.
    good to hear, thanks for updating. my wife's cpl came in less than 2 months, so hopefully he will have it soon.
    If guns cause crime, all mine are defective- Ted Nugent