Thread: dane county sheriff what a great guy

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar

dane county sheriff what a great guy

http://mediatrackers.org/2012/10/08/...-felon-voters/

what a dandy

this guy puts out a memo which tells his employees to ignore the law they were hired to uphold

what a piece of work

one more reason why i am glad i dont live, work, play, or visit in dane county unless it is absolutely necessary
    Last edited by oliverclotheshoff; 10-11-2012 at 07:57 AM.
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

So are you being supportive or sarcastic?
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

Quote Originally Posted by Motofixxer View Post
    So are you being supportive or sarcastic?
    fixed
    SCOTT

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

He needs to be fired from his position.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    and be charged with conspiracy to commit voter fraud one count for every felon they house
    Last edited by oliverclotheshoff; 10-11-2012 at 09:58 AM.
    SCOTT

Banned
    And why should this law enforcement official be fired?

read the story in the OP and you will see he is telling his employees not to check for felon status when for absentee voting and letting them vote

basically letting felons commit more felonies under his supervision

"In Wisconsin an individual serving jail time for a felony or under parole or supervision for a felony may not cast a ballot."
    Last edited by oliverclotheshoff; 10-11-2012 at 12:01 PM.
    SCOTT

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverclotheshoff View Post
    read the story in the OP and you will see he is telling his employees not to check for felon status when for absentee voting and letting them vote

basically letting felons commit more felonies under his supervision

"In Wisconsin an individual serving jail time for a felony or under parole or supervision for a felony may not cast a ballot."
    Media Trackers is just another internet blog site. Just hearsay.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykes View Post
    And why should this law enforcement official be fired?
    Hey logables, because he isn't enforcing the law that he's sworn to uphold.

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Banned
    Hey logables, because he isn't enforcing the law that he's sworn to uphold.
    And what law is Dave Mahoney not upholding? I cannot find where Dave Mahoney has been charged with any violations of state or federal law.

And what crime was occurring that a deputy would have knowledge of that they could touch, taste, see, smell, hear etc, based on more than a hunch??? The deputies would be digging into peoples private affairs and backgrounds with no legal or lawful reason to do so. Could that individual be a felon and ineligible? Sure could be, could they have had their voting eligibility been returned? Yep most definitely. Could their info they have access to be incorrect, so they refuse to hand over a ballot therefore denying an eligible person? Yes very possible. Could they be a perfectly eligible voter? Very likely.

All just as possible as you could be a felon walking down the street with a gun on your hip, but you don't want officer's investigating you without real information right??? How about we support everyone's rights equally and hold the officer's to the same standards across the board.
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

And what crime was occurring that a deputy would have knowledge of that they could touch, taste, see, smell, hear etc, based on more than a hunch??? The deputies would be digging into peoples private affairs and backgrounds with no legal or lawful reason to do so. Could that individual be a felon and ineligible? Sure could be, could they have had their voting eligibility been returned? Yep most definitely. Could their info they have access to be incorrect, so they refuse to hand over a ballot therefore denying an eligible person? Yes very possible. Could they be a perfectly eligible voter? Very likely.

All just as possible as you could be a felon walking down the street with a gun on your hip, but you don't want officer's investigating you without real information right??? How about we support everyone's rights equally and hold the officer's to the same standards across the board.
    the only response i would have for you on this is if they are in jail already and asking for a ballot that would be IMO suspicion enough to do a quick little check to see if they are eligible to vote i would bet other jails do
    Last edited by oliverclotheshoff; 10-12-2012 at 08:01 AM.
    SCOTT

The fact that they're incarcerated could lead to that hunch. I don't know how many pre-conviction or misdemeanor inmates are housed in their location(s).

Checking on whether or not an inmate is a felon would require a quick and simple check of the county law enforcement’s computer system. It is going to be up to their polling location to research whether they are allowed to vote based on their criminal record, not the DCSO [Dane County Sheriff's Office],”Twombly wrote in a memo distributed to staff.

The decision by the sheriff’s office to ignore felon status for inmate voters means that law enforcement officials will not be working to prevent further legal violations on the part of those in their custody.

I would never want the cops to be able to knock on my door and do a quick search of my home for contraban. I would never want the cops to tell me when I have to eat. I would never want the cops to tell me when I have to sleep. And yes, I do not want cops to stop me on the street, and do a quick back-ground check on me without RAS.
    I am not in jail.

If I were in jail, all of this is done every day in every state in America. I think it is just part of the jail experience, and I have no problem with it at all. Due to the fact that I am in jail is the RAS...

McX
    All just as possible as you could be a felon walking down the street with a gun on your hip

Moto honey, wasnt that used on us at a Culvarian encounter of the close kind some years back?

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    All just as possible as you could be a felon walking down the street with a gun on your hip

Moto honey, wasnt that used on us at a Culvarian encounter of the close kind some years back?
    That's every single cop's excuse.

If youre incarcerated, we the people own you. Certain rights have already been taken away at this point. Thats different than someone walking down the street with a gun on your hip.

Try being illegally and unlawfully kidnapped, assaulted and arrested or charged and locked up for contempt of cop or??? Then come back to the table and share your opinion. See if it changes. Just because you are being held against your will for something you may or may not have done doesn't mean ANYBODY owns you. People locked up are still people with rights. It's really sad to see all the hypocrisy.

There are many innocent people in jail. There are many people in jail who have only been charged with something. County jails are generally temporary holding facilities. There are many felons in lockup. There are many non felons with voting rights. If an officer has no factual knowledge of a felon, then he/she has no business or RAS to do any kind of investigation into voting eligibility. RAS has to be based on more than a hunch. Don't we have enough problems with officer's determining who has rights or not.