• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A.r.s 12-781

gunslinger493

My employer has fence around the parking lot and security guards in the building itself. Also employees are issued ID badges that grant access to building itself. My question is: under A.R.S 12-781, can they prohibit employees from keeping guns in their own vehicles?

3. The property owner, tenant, public or private employer or business entity provides a parking lot, parking garage or other area designated for parking motor vehicles, that:

(a) Is secured by a fence or other physical barrier.

(b) Limits access by a guard or other security measure.

(c) Provides temporary and secure firearm storage. The storage shall be monitored and readily accessible on entry into the premises and allow for the immediate retrieval of the firearm on exit from the premises.

Does the employer have to fulfill all 3 parts (a,b and c) or just any one or two?

sharkey

My employer has fence around the parking lot and security guards in the building itself. Also employees are issued ID badges that grant access to building itself. My question is: under A.R.S 12-781, can they prohibit employees from keeping guns in their own vehicles?

3. The property owner, tenant, public or private employer or business entity provides a parking lot, parking garage or other area designated for parking motor vehicles, that:

(a) Is secured by a fence or other physical barrier.

(b) Limits access by a guard or other security measure.

(c) Provides temporary and secure firearm storage. The storage shall be monitored and readily accessible on entry into the premises and allow for the immediate retrieval of the firearm on exit from the premises.

Does the employer have to fulfill all 3 parts (a,b and c) or just any one or two?

Since "or" is not used I would say all 3, however this is a right to work state so they can fire you for just about anything.

Also there are several other exemptions you left out that may or may not be applicable to your place of employment.