• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OMG!!!11!! Criminals will all start OCing!!1!! OH NOES.

okiebryan

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
There's an OnCue near my house that I stop at regularly for fuel, coffee, etc. I also tow for that store when someone abandons a vehicle there.

I was talking to the manager about Nov 1, and he tells me "It's against the law to carry in here" , So I'm like really? What law is that? OF course he didn't know...there is no such law. Then he tells me "OnCue doesn't allow guns in here. We have had shootings here." I'm like, I can't think of a better reason to allow permit holders to carry. Did you know I've been carrying concealed in here forever? He's "Well, I'm OK with you carrying. But we will just put up signs." I told him that OnCue corporate's policy is to allow legal carry, and he's panicking, talking about resigning if they make him allow carry... wow, you think you know a guy...

After more conversation I finally find out what he's worked up about. There are a lot of criminals in and out of this store and he thinks they will all be open carrying. He got busy and I had to leave, so I just told him that this just doesn't happen in the 43 other states where OC is allowed. He tells me 43 states is wrong, that only Texas and now Oklahoma allow it. Wait...what????

I'll work on him... but I'd sure like to know where he gets his info.

hrdware

Wooo...someone needs to listen to the news more often. Texas does not allow open carry. Guess I need to start talking to the OnCue manager at the one I stop at each morning on my way to work.

You can also send a comment to OnCue corporate and have them let him know of the policy change if it is to bad.

Last edited:

OC for ME

<snip> I'll work on him... but I'd sure like to know where he gets his info.
Cops maybe? Not the show by the way. Though, some cops think OCers are criminals until they discover we are not. Some cops hate that, the OCer being a LAC that is.

Walk softly and whisper calmly he'll come around.....Rome was not built in a day.

okiebryan

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
Whats a FUDD????

Nevermind.....found it...

In case other don't know... this is from UrbanDictionary.com:
Slang term for a "casual" gun owner; eg; a person who typically only owns guns for hunting or shotgun sports and does not truly believe in the true premise of the second amendment. These people also generally treat owners/users of so called "non sporting" firearms like handguns or semiautomatic rifles with unwarranted scorn or contempt.

mlr

"Then he tells me "OnCue doesn't allow guns in here. We have had shootings here."

Care to post his location? If I ever have to come to OKC I'd like to be able to avoid his store. To dangerous to shop at if you ask me.

Michael