• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A Bit of an Odd Question

Haight240z

I haven't seen this asked anywhere on here. I live across the street from an elementary school and was wondering if it would have any bearing on the outcome of my Pistol Permit Application. I have had this question answered in a different thread and was told to start a new thread for it so others may find it if need be; any other input would be great.

Rich B

This would not fly as a reason to deny a permit, that said, a local issuing authority has the broad latitude to make judgments on 'suitability'. Clearly this would not hold up, but theoretically I suppose they could use this as a reason to deny and make you appeal. I am, however, confident the BFPE would rule in your favor.

It would make a pretty excellent case study of extreme abuse of 29-28 though.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
This would not fly as a reason to deny a permit, that said, a local issuing authority has the broad latitude to make judgments on 'suitability'.

I would disagree with the suitability parameters that the board can look at if one already owns a gun ... since you have the right to practice with the gun to maintain proficiency, I would think that if you legally own the gun then a permit must be issued because you need one to take/transport your gun to the range.

And 100% -- not a reason to deny a permit....