• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC West Central Spokane

sgrayban

I was wondering if there were OC people in West Central that would like to have steady get togethers about OC and the rising crime rate in our neighborhood.

I was thinking of having a OC walk day through a few or our streets. There are a few reasons for this - one being the recent resolution on revoking the AIA in West Central by the neighborhood council and city council. If the city and police don't care we should.

Cubex DE

I live in up North in Spokane, I would love to meet up with other OC'ers but unfortunately I have no car right now. Still, I OC all the time whenever I am going for groceries or getting fast food or whatever.

So, I guess if you wouldn't mind driving a little North, like maybe to the Starbucks up at Hawthorne and Nevada, I could come hang out any time.

Also, I have no idea what AIA is.

fetch

Yes, we could get a West Central/ Northside meeting going. Need a place and time.

As for the AIA, that is the Alcohol Impact Area. The city was trying to limit the sale of booze in high crime areas. See article,

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2012/oct/09/alcohol-impact-area-dropped/

Businesses are complaining that alcohol is their livelihood. I know of a couple of "stores" that literally sell nothing but alcohol.
One does have a good price on mead, but it is mead you can buy anywhere.

sgrayban

The AIA has everything to do with OC. First most people in this neighborhood have given up on neighborhood council to do anything good for it... second even the cops I have talked to say they are seeing a fast increase in violent crime here which means we are going back to the good ole "Felony Flats" days when no emergency vehicle would come.

If people see that law abiding people are out with there weapons holstered and in plain sight it just might get the thugs here to think twice what they do.

OC isn't a tool we should use to test the limits of our rights but our right to defend ourselves and this neighborhood needs to see that there are people that will do just that.

If people are out to just see what the police will do while you OC then this post/meeting isn't for you. I don't intend to make videos of police harassing anyone of us. We have enough thugs that do that for us.

sgrayban

Oh and as far meeting time I'm open to evenings or weekends and can host a few meetings.

I don't have a big house but I got a big yard that would be great for having summer OC cook outs in.

Last edited:

Cubex DE

OC isn't a tool we should use to test the limits of our rights but our right to defend ourselves and this neighborhood needs to see that there are people that will do just that.

If people are out to just see what the police will do while you OC then this post/meeting isn't for you. I don't intend to make videos of police harassing anyone of us. We have enough thugs that do that for us.

I'm not trying to "test the limits of our rights" at all. I carry a firearm because I can't afford armed bodyguards. Personally, I hope that I never have a reason to interact with the police. I don't want to make videos, or try to talk smack to cops. I just want to practice my legal activity and be left alone like any other citizen.

sgrayban

Carrying your weapon should be second nature... at least it is for me. I rarely even think about it unless I brush it.

I OC'd at the Family Superette on the corner of Boone and Cochran and the Korean owner didn't even know that OC was legal in this state. Then again they probably don't know half the laws but want to live here and make as much money as possible.

fetch

It reads like a meeting is in order. I will open with the Starbucks at Shadle Center 10:00 am Oct 20, (this Saturday).

alexm963

I really hope that was not a derogatory comment towards the owners of the Superette. Gin is one of the nicest guys I know. I have known him for more than 10 years and he runs an excellent business. He works long hours everyday of the week and earns every dollar he makes. I grew up on that block and know quite a few people still living there, my mother and grandmother for instance. I do agree there should be some OC events down there. I would be willing to attend, schedule permitting. There are plenty of meth heads and thugs in that area that need to know there are armed citizens around.

Thor80

I'll try to make it, no guarantees though. I'm currently in the peoples republic of kalifornia and not slated to get back till 10pm Friday.

-Thor

fetch

sgrayban it's up to you.

Are you able to make it Saturday? Or different place, time?
We can most certainly bring you up to speed with what is going on in Spokane.

Cubex DE

It reads like a meeting is in order. I will open with the Starbucks at Shadle Center 10:00 am Oct 20, (this Saturday).

I will have to see about getting a ride there. Any combination of bus routes to get me there ends up taking over an hour :uhoh:

Jeff Hayes

I will have to see about getting a ride there. Any combination of bus routes to get me there ends up taking over an hour :uhoh:

I can pick you up on my way through and drop you off on my way home if you like PM me. I will be coming right down Division (395) all I know is that you live on the north side.

BobR

I will open with the Starbucks at Shadle Center 10:00 am Oct 20,

Any chance of an intersection for the out of towner (me) who may attend?

I know that there is a big, green and yellow water container there, at least I think that is in Shadle. ;)

bob

40grit

Shadle starbucks

Any chance of an intersection for the out of towner (me) who may attend?

I know that there is a big, green and yellow water container there, at least I think that is in Shadle. ;)

bob

Alberta St. & Wellesley. 2500 west Wellesley