Thread: Dual Mag Pouch Recommendations

Dual Mag Pouch Recommendations

I'm looking to get a dual owb mag pouch. Anyone have any recommedations, along with which ones to stay away from?
    Scott

Glock 23
    White Hat iwb MaxTuck Holster

Stay away from UNCLE MIKES the velcro stops working after a couple of years.

Re: Dual Mag Pouch Recommendations

Ive been using a Desantis dual mag pouch for years with no complaints.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    WTT: Glock 27 for Glock 26

If you want anything other than generalizations, it would help to know a) magazines for what, b) what type/size belt you wear, c) where on your bat-belt you are planning to locate the mag holders, and d) what other impedimenta you will be carrying on your bat-belt.

For example, there are some excellent plastic/carbon fiber/kydex holders that take up most of a country mile and do not allow anything else between the two belt loops that border them. There is also a decent rationale for using two single mag carriers under certain circumstances.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    If you want anything other than generalizations, it would help to know a) magazines for what, b) what type/size belt you wear, c) where on your bat-belt you are planning to locate the mag holders, and d) what other impedimenta you will be carrying on your bat-belt.

For example, there are some excellent plastic/carbon fiber/kydex holders that take up most of a country mile and do not allow anything else between the two belt loops that border them. There is also a decent rationale for using two single mag carriers under certain circumstances.

stay safe.
    a) Glock 23
    b) 5.11 1.5" Gun Belt
    c) Hopefully around 8 o'clock
    d) Nothing else
    Scott

Glock 23
    White Hat iwb MaxTuck Holster

i use a fobus 6900. was a tad loose but a small piece of velcro tightened it right up, soft side that is..

I use a Don Hume holster and double mag pouch. They are made of leather and seem to work very well.

Quote Originally Posted by jeeper1 View Post
    Stay away from UNCLE MIKES the velcro stops working after a couple of years.
    Currently on my Glock 20 rig I'm using a Bass Pro velcro straps one size fits most dual magazine pouch. It's a bit bulky, but I like it. I do suspect the velcro will go out in time, but at that point it'll be another 20 bucks to replace (more with our stupid inflation problems?) Or I will install snaps on it and keep it. Not real worried about it either way.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottE View Post
    I'm looking to get a dual owb mag pouch. Anyone have any recommedations, along with which ones to stay away from?
    Also depends on how much you wish to spend? I have been using this http://www.tuckergunleather.com/doub...agazine-pouch/ from tucker gun leather, for my Les Baer Thunder Ranch for several years. It has held up incredibly well, and still looks wonderful.

I would call Rob and ask for his recommendation.

I have had great success with the Uncle Mikes Kydex paddle double mag carrier.

http://www.usamilitarymedals.com/arm...ch-p-4196.html

That is what I used for awhile over here in the desert (only carry a single spare mag so I've moved to a single pouch system). While it isn't something I would use stateside if I was going to have my shirt tucked in, with an untucked shirt to cover it the thing works nicely and you would have a third compartment for a knife or flashlight. Personally I would secure one of the molle straps on one side of a beltloop and the second strap on the other side so that the thing couldn't slide around on my belt (the beltloop at the 4 o'clock position worked great for this as I'm a lefty). Only potential issue would be that I don't know if it would fit other size mags as I didn't test that out when I first got it and I have no way to test it now.

The two I use is a blackhawk single mag pouch which easily holds my 9mm double stack but also can hold a .40 S&W double stack, and I also use Sig Sauer mag holder just because I love Sigs, I like how you can a)adjust the tension and b) adjust how the mags are held as in vertical, horizontal, on a diagonal, or anything the only down side I have found with it is the size of the paddle for the belt otherwise no complaints on either

Comp-Tac twin magazine pouches, they are my favorite, yes they cost more than the bargain bin stuff, but you get what you pay for.
    Freedom is a bit like sex, when your getting it you take it for granted, when you're not you want it bad, other people get mad at you for having it and others want to take it away from you so only they have it.