• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dual Mag Pouch Recommendations

ScottE

I'm looking to get a dual owb mag pouch. Anyone have any recommedations, along with which ones to stay away from?

jeeper1

Stay away from UNCLE MIKES the velcro stops working after a couple of years.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
If you want anything other than generalizations, it would help to know a) magazines for what, b) what type/size belt you wear, c) where on your bat-belt you are planning to locate the mag holders, and d) what other impedimenta you will be carrying on your bat-belt.

For example, there are some excellent plastic/carbon fiber/kydex holders that take up most of a country mile and do not allow anything else between the two belt loops that border them. There is also a decent rationale for using two single mag carriers under certain circumstances.

stay safe.

ScottE

If you want anything other than generalizations, it would help to know a) magazines for what, b) what type/size belt you wear, c) where on your bat-belt you are planning to locate the mag holders, and d) what other impedimenta you will be carrying on your bat-belt.

For example, there are some excellent plastic/carbon fiber/kydex holders that take up most of a country mile and do not allow anything else between the two belt loops that border them. There is also a decent rationale for using two single mag carriers under certain circumstances.

stay safe.

a) Glock 23
b) 5.11 1.5" Gun Belt
c) Hopefully around 8 o'clock
d) Nothing else

Michigander

Currently on my Glock 20 rig I'm using a Bass Pro velcro straps one size fits most dual magazine pouch. It's a bit bulky, but I like it. I do suspect the velcro will go out in time, but at that point it'll be another 20 bucks to replace (more with our stupid inflation problems?) Or I will install snaps on it and keep it. Not real worried about it either way.

Riverpilot

I'm looking to get a dual owb mag pouch. Anyone have any recommedations, along with which ones to stay away from?

Also depends on how much you wish to spend? I have been using this http://www.tuckergunleather.com/double-angled-magazine-pouch/ from tucker gun leather, for my Les Baer Thunder Ranch for several years. It has held up incredibly well, and still looks wonderful.

I would call Rob and ask for his recommendation.

Aknazer

http://www.usamilitarymedals.com/army-molle-triple-magazine-pouch-p-4196.html

That is what I used for awhile over here in the desert (only carry a single spare mag so I've moved to a single pouch system). While it isn't something I would use stateside if I was going to have my shirt tucked in, with an untucked shirt to cover it the thing works nicely and you would have a third compartment for a knife or flashlight. Personally I would secure one of the molle straps on one side of a beltloop and the second strap on the other side so that the thing couldn't slide around on my belt (the beltloop at the 4 o'clock position worked great for this as I'm a lefty). Only potential issue would be that I don't know if it would fit other size mags as I didn't test that out when I first got it and I have no way to test it now.

Nicholas A.

The two I use is a blackhawk single mag pouch which easily holds my 9mm double stack but also can hold a .40 S&W double stack, and I also use Sig Sauer mag holder just because I love Sigs, I like how you can a)adjust the tension and b) adjust how the mags are held as in vertical, horizontal, on a diagonal, or anything the only down side I have found with it is the size of the paddle for the belt otherwise no complaints on either

Shoobee

Just stick with single mag pouches, then you can connect as many as you need, one two or three etc.

Uncle Mike's are the best!

Attachments

• shotgun bandoleer holster.jpg
    shotgun bandoleer holster.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Shoobee

The two I use is a blackhawk single mag pouch which easily holds my 9mm double stack but also can hold a .40 S&W double stack, and I also use Sig Sauer mag holder just because I love Sigs, I like how you can a)adjust the tension and b) adjust how the mags are held as in vertical, horizontal, on a diagonal, or anything the only down side I have found with it is the size of the paddle for the belt otherwise no complaints on either

Exactly. What he said.