• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Visiting MN

jack172

Hi,
I am firearms owner in England and I'll be in MN in June (I know it's a while away but bear with me...) I was just wondering if you have an OC breakfast in June at Gophers, would I be welcome to come along (obviously I wouldn't be carrying)?
Cheers,
Jack

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Let me be the first to welcome you to OCDO Jack.

Likely you won't be able to firm up the details 8 months in advance, but someone should be along that will be able to coordinate with you. It's always a pleasure meeting our brothers from across the pond. We have several Brits here in Virginia that liked it so much that they stayed :D

robdoar

Hi,
I am firearms owner in England and I'll be in MN in June (I know it's a while away but bear with me...) I was just wondering if you have an OC breakfast in June at Gophers, would I be welcome to come along (obviously I wouldn't be carrying)?
Cheers,
Jack

The OC breakfasts are planned 1-2 months in advance, so there's nothing on the books that far out. Ill post here when there is.

And.... OF COURSE you are welcome. I'd love to chat with you. I thought living in the UK and being a gun owner was an oxymoron. ;-)

Fuller Malarkey

The OC breakfasts are planned 1-2 months in advance, so there's nothing on the books that far out. Ill post here when there is.

And.... OF COURSE you are welcome. I'd love to chat with you. I thought living in the UK and being a gun owner was an oxymoron. ;-)

Where can information be found on open carry events in Minnesota? The only activities I find on Minnesota forums indicate "open carry events" would involve police persecution at the least, escalating up to all the bad people taking all of our guns away from us...

http://www.carryforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18923&p=207031&hilit=open+carry#p207031

http://www.carryforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18958&hilit=open+carry

In addition to being famous for wind chill factors, fear mongering in Minnesota seems to be a specialty:

http://www.carryforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18887&hilit=open+carry

ScottE

Last edited:

Minnesota

lol - most of the people in that thread OC.

I have yet to see someone open carrying in MN. We have 108K carry permits in this state, but I know most of them don't carry at all. I know a few people with permits and none of them carry daily. :banghead:

You have to come to Blaine area then lol I open carry and see someone every other week. Some people who CC come up and asked me what I have on my hip and say they are CC. Some (not all thank god!) flash there grip or print it a little to prove it (I dont agree with presenting ones CC weapon in public due to the looks of bad nature/actions seen in tv/movies) What part of the state are you from?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
What is not required by the Forum Rules is that a participant/user be a practitioner of OC, but deeply ingrained in the philosophy of OCDO is that posters do nothing to restrict the right of others to chose.

Indeed we encourage, promote and defend the right to open carry properly holstered handguns as we go about our normal, everyday lives.

ScottE

You have to come to Blaine area then lol I open carry and see someone every other week. Some people who CC come up and asked me what I have on my hip and say they are CC. Some (not all thank god!) flash there grip or print it a little to prove it (I dont agree with presenting ones CC weapon in public due to the looks of bad nature/actions seen in tv/movies) What part of the state are you from?

Yeah, I could imagine that the Blaine area has a higher number of carriers that other places and a more likely chance to see someone OCing. I'm in the Maplewood and North St. Paul area and spend 95% of my daily life here. I wouldn't consider my area to be a pro-gun area. I know no one in my area that carries.

Minnesota

With all this Minnesota talk ScottE, maybe we can all get together down the road soon.

Last edited:

jack172

Thanks very much, It would be great to meet up with you all... It is very complicated to say the least :p

Minnesota

I would be down to meet up!

Well seems like we should all go and shoot at a bills gun range (or any where) after deer season! Should we start throwing out dates now?

Nov 17th, 18th, 24th, 25th?

I will open up a meet thread here and get the ball rolling to see what works best for everyone!

Nick

liftoff

Well seems like we should all go and shoot at a bills gun range (or any where) after deer season! Should we start throwing out dates now?

Nov 17th, 18th, 24th, 25th?

I will open up a meet thread here and get the ball rolling to see what works best for everyone!

Nick

New to the forum, and new to OC. Been CC for a while now. Did anything ever develop with a get together?

Minnesota

Welcome to the forum! :banana:

Not yet, I think it would be best if we let the rifle/deer season come to an end before we meet which should be done now or in another week. Then we roll over to turkey eating weekend so maybe December 1st(sat) or 2nd(sun) at Bills in Robbinsdale or Circle Pines or whatever works. I shoot at Bills in Robbinsdale every Sunday around noon anyways. I'm just throwing this out there, please feel free to put your $.02 in!!
I will open a thread/poll for the date today/tmrw.

Again welcome to the forum!!!

Edit: poll is up http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?108475-Minnesota-Meet-In-December!

Last edited: