Thread: 1st Anniversary of WI CCL meet and greet at Elies Restaurant ! Saturday Nov 3 2012

1st Anniversary of WI CCL meet and greet at Elies Restaurant ! Saturday Nov 3 2012

Even if you weren't amongst that group that was there last Nov. 1st...Join us for a meet and greet at Elies on Nov 3rd at 10 am (BRUNCH). Elies Family Restaurant, 4102 Monona Drive. Madison WI. Even if you just recently got your CCL, join us!
    Last edited by GlockRDH; 10-12-2012 at 05:23 AM.

I will plan to be there barring anything else that comes up.
    Rick
    "Don't draw fire, it irritates the people around you."

I will try to make it, but not sure at this point.

Edit: I cannot make it. All ya'll have a good time.
    Last edited by protias; 10-30-2012 at 10:12 PM.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Banned
    Sounds fun, we will be there.

1st Anniversary of WI CCL meet and greet at Elies Restaurant ! Saturday Nov 3 2012

Be there!

Will try to make it as long as Glock promises not to stick any sharp pointy metal hurty things in my mouth again!

Quote Originally Posted by gdyslin View Post
    Will try to make it as long as Glock promises not to stick any sharp pointy metal hurty things in my mouth again!
    Ha! That's what i do!

Quote Originally Posted by GlockRDH View Post
    Even if you weren't amongst that group that was there last Nov. 1st...Join us for a meet and greet at Elies on Nov 3rd at 10 am (BRUNCH). Elies Family Restaurant, 4102 Monona Drive. Madison WI. Even if you just recently got your CCL, join us!
    Am I invited too??

My blond wifey and my 'baby' want to tag along. I'll take Friday off and drive to Madison bec it is 5 hrs from Ellsworth. Is it OC/CC?? or both??

Plan to be there unless some unforeseen circumstance happens. Can anyone send me a PM on cheap hotels in madison?
    Last edited by Law abider; 10-19-2012 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    Am I invited too??

My blond wifey and my 'baby' want to tag along. I'll take Friday off and drive to Madison bec it is 5 hrs from Ellsworth. Is it OC/CC?? or both??

Plan to be there unless some unforeseen circumstance happens. Can anyone send me a PM on cheap hotels in madison?

Of course youre invited(and your wifey also)...! anyone and EVERYONE is invited...as for hotels, youre gonna have to scope that out...i think the ones just north of Madison (deforest area) my be a bit cheaper... and yes, OC or CC...

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA
    I can't make 10am - somewhere I need to be at 10:20; but you guys got me thinking about their breakfast burrito, so I might just have to go there a little earlier than the rest of you on Saturday. I'll make sure their grill is warmed up for you.

Adding the people who have replied here to the people who have replied on facebook, we've got about 23 people! Quite the happy, well-protected crowd we will be.

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    count me out glock my sons Bday party is the same day and i would rather be here (nothing personal) lol besides like MKE said you will be well protected without me
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

anyone have any of the pictures that were taken here ?? would like to see them also if people have them on facebook i would like to tag myself if thats possible

was a great turn out though and was lots of fun

I counted 30 people (including the kids). Quite a good turnout.
    Good food & conversation were had, no blood on the carpet, no cops, nobody running screaming in terror...
    though seeing several people drawing & handling their pistols had me close.
    Seriously, I saw 3 people with pistols out of their holsters.
    Not cool, folks.

Banned
    I was pleased with the decent amount of diners present. Now some of you know the rest of the story. All in all a pleasant OC dining experience.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    though seeing several people drawing & handling their pistols had me close.
    Seriously, I saw 3 people with pistols out of their holsters.
    Not cool, folks.
    Ya I was sitting at the opposite end of the table from you and 1 guy(won't name names) pulled out his LC9, swept the whole room a few times and set it on the table. Lets just say I got a nice lesson in sphincter control..

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcice View Post
    Ya I was sitting at the opposite end of the table from you and 1 guy(won't name names) pulled out his LC9, swept the whole room a few times and set it on the table. Lets just say I got a nice lesson in sphincter control..
    There is no excuse for such negligence! His name should be on the Wall Of Shame. This is the first time I've ever said this about one of our gatherings, but
    I'M GLAD I WASN'T THERE!

Get some training before you hurt someone.
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

yes i was rather suprised how many people had guns out of holsters

i dont have a problem with people who are ccw lifting up shirt tail or something to get a peek at it but taking it out of the holster etc a no no in most situations

After Walker signing Act 25 there was a gathering at The Bar in Rothschild where OC was approved by management. I'm having a beer and not OC'ing. Fella sitting next to me at the bar whips out his XD as we chat about our pistols. Sweeping people, yes... but beyond that even if he'd acted with in the 4 rules and not pointed it in an unsafe direction, it would still be a bonehead move. Pretty much decided I do not belong at gatherings in my area.

Those who are completely opposed to any training requirement, need to think very long, about what is being said here, and the opinions that are being presented. There are unsafe gun-handlers out there.

If we are concerned about gun handling behavior around us, we should speak up, respectfully, gently and make sure people understand what they are doing that is unsafe, and why its unsafe! In most cases, doing this privately, one on one, is the best way to do it, so long as our attitude is one of being helpful, not confrontational. People are less defensive if they do not feel they are being ganged up on, or embarrassed in front of a group.
    Wis. CCL #5x Springfield XDM 3.8 Compact .40 S&W, Utah CFP