• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

1st Anniversary of WI CCL meet and greet at Elies Restaurant ! Saturday Nov 3 2012

GlockRDH

Even if you weren't amongst that group that was there last Nov. 1st...Join us for a meet and greet at Elies on Nov 3rd at 10 am (BRUNCH). Elies Family Restaurant, 4102 Monona Drive. Madison WI. Even if you just recently got your CCL, join us!

Last edited:

protias

I will try to make it, but not sure at this point.

Edit: I cannot make it. All ya'll have a good time.

Last edited:

gdyslin

Will try to make it as long as Glock promises not to stick any sharp pointy metal hurty things in my mouth again!

Law abider

Even if you weren't amongst that group that was there last Nov. 1st...Join us for a meet and greet at Elies on Nov 3rd at 10 am (BRUNCH). Elies Family Restaurant, 4102 Monona Drive. Madison WI. Even if you just recently got your CCL, join us!

Am I invited too?? :monkey

My blond wifey and my 'baby' want to tag along. I'll take Friday off and drive to Madison bec it is 5 hrs from Ellsworth. Is it OC/CC?? or both??

Plan to be there unless some unforeseen circumstance happens. Can anyone send me a PM on cheap hotels in madison?

Last edited:

GlockRDH

Am I invited too?? :monkey

My blond wifey and my 'baby' want to tag along. I'll take Friday off and drive to Madison bec it is 5 hrs from Ellsworth. Is it OC/CC?? or both??

Plan to be there unless some unforeseen circumstance happens. Can anyone send me a PM on cheap hotels in madison?

Of course youre invited(and your wifey also)...! anyone and EVERYONE is invited...as for hotels, youre gonna have to scope that out...i think the ones just north of Madison (deforest area) my be a bit cheaper... and yes, OC or CC...

MKEgal

Adding the people who have replied here to the people who have replied on facebook, we've got about 23 people! Quite the happy, well-protected crowd we will be.

oliverclotheshoff

count me out glock my sons Bday party is the same day and i would rather be here (nothing personal) lol besides like MKE said you will be well protected without me

carpman15

anyone have any of the pictures that were taken here ?? would like to see them also if people have them on facebook i would like to tag myself if thats possible

was a great turn out though and was lots of fun

MKEgal

I counted 30 people (including the kids). Quite a good turnout. :)
Good food & conversation were had, no blood on the carpet, no cops, nobody running screaming in terror...
though seeing several people drawing & handling their pistols had me close.
Seriously, I saw 3 people with pistols out of their holsters. :shocker:
Not cool, folks.

Vern

Banned
I was pleased with the decent amount of diners present. Now some of you know the rest of the story. All in all a pleasant OC dining experience.

Sorcice

though seeing several people drawing & handling their pistols had me close.
Seriously, I saw 3 people with pistols out of their holsters. :shocker:
Not cool, folks.

Ya I was sitting at the opposite end of the table from you and 1 guy(won't name names) pulled out his LC9, swept the whole room a few times and set it on the table. Lets just say I got a nice lesson in sphincter control..

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Ya I was sitting at the opposite end of the table from you and 1 guy(won't name names) pulled out his LC9, swept the whole room a few times and set it on the table. Lets just say I got a nice lesson in sphincter control..
There is no excuse for such negligence! His name should be on the Wall Of Shame. This is the first time I've ever said this about one of our gatherings, but
I'M GLAD I WASN'T THERE!
vopt0w.jpg

Get some training before you hurt someone.

carpman15

yes i was rather suprised how many people had guns out of holsters

i dont have a problem with people who are ccw lifting up shirt tail or something to get a peek at it but taking it out of the holster etc a no no in most situations

Trip20

After Walker signing Act 25 there was a gathering at The Bar in Rothschild where OC was approved by management. I'm having a beer and not OC'ing. Fella sitting next to me at the bar whips out his XD as we chat about our pistols. Sweeping people, yes... but beyond that even if he'd acted with in the 4 rules and not pointed it in an unsafe direction, it would still be a bonehead move. Pretty much decided I do not belong at gatherings in my area.

E6chevron

Those who are completely opposed to any training requirement, need to think very long, about what is being said here, and the opinions that are being presented. There are unsafe gun-handlers out there.

If we are concerned about gun handling behavior around us, we should speak up, respectfully, gently and make sure people understand what they are doing that is unsafe, and why its unsafe! In most cases, doing this privately, one on one, is the best way to do it, so long as our attitude is one of being helpful, not confrontational. People are less defensive if they do not feel they are being ganged up on, or embarrassed in front of a group.