Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pile Of Manure Dumped On An Ohio Democratic Headquarters - OT

Pile Of Manure Dumped On An Ohio Democratic Headquarters - OT

http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2012/1...-headquarters/

Democrats getting a taste of their own medicine.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

It was a false flag operation.

Seems to me like taking a load of horse manure to any political party headquarters is somewhat redundant.
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    Seems to me like taking a load of horse manure to any political party headquarters is somewhat redundant.
    Nothing else needs to be said becaue the above says it all.

Well played Sir.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Banned

This was a despicable and uncivil act. Let's aggressively take on those who politically work to deprive us of our God-given rights, but let's do it by intellectually dismantling them rhetorically. Committing crimes--and this was a crime--demeans those who oppose the Democrat Party and elevates that party.

Fortunately, the Dems were too incompetent politically to notice the opportunity this dumping presented. The smart move would have been to take the high road and make an event of making this available to home gardeners for free, maybe spend some campaign funds to deliver it. That would be a positive story nationwide for the Dems and consequently a negative story nationwide for their opponents. Instead, the perpetrators come off as merry pranksters, and the Dems are the old fart down the street calling the cops on some high-spirited kids.

Uncivil act by the perps. Stupid play by the Dems. Perps--unfortunately--win.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Maybe no one has been charged because, the majority of people in the area wanted that to happen.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Unfortunately, I too, can remember instances of vandalized campaign headquarters that in the end turned out to have been "vandalized" by the same party that reported the incident.
    Until I see some sort of proof that it was the other party, I'm going to remain skeptical.

I must retract my initial partisan comment.

Despicable? Maybe.

Uncivil? Maybe.

There is a "barn" type building behind the building and it is possible that a load of fertilizer was delivered to the incorrect location.

Not enough facts to say one way or the other. If and when the investigation is complete a informed response, if required, will be provided.

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    I have to disagree... :-) I think it is a waste of perfectly good manure.
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

Quote Originally Posted by carolina guy View Post
    I have to disagree... :-) I think it is a waste of perfectly good manure.
    How do you know? The horses could have been fed that GMO hay or the hay could have been sprayed with some herbicide that passes through the horses unaffected. Both of those would make the manure only worth burning or dropping where it was dropped.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    How do you know? The horses could have been fed that GMO hay or the hay could have been sprayed with some herbicide that passes through the horses unaffected. Both of those would make the manure only worth burning or dropping where it was dropped.
    Burning the manure is already a higher purpose!
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

Quote Originally Posted by carolina guy View Post
    Burning the manure is already a higher purpose!
    Well, it does need a place for it to dry out before it could be burned you know. That looks like a great spot for it to dry out at.

So.... The location looked sunny and dry to me.
    Last edited by Freedom1Man; 10-12-2012 at 03:18 PM.

Founder's Club Member
    Only city folks would consider dumping manure an insult. Country folks would say, "Ma, grab the wheelbarrow, we jes' got some free manure!"

Ronald Reagan told the joke:

A republican was campaigning in a solidly democrat rural district. He walked up to a farm and asked the farmer if he could talk to him and the Mrs., introducing himself as a republican. They farmer told him to wait right there because Ma had never seen a republican, and took off to get Ma. The republican looked around for a stump. All he could find was a pile of manure, so he stood on top of that to give his little speech. The farmer returned with Ma; the republican gave his little speech. The farmer thanked him, remarking this was the first republican speech he heard. The republican replied,

"This is the first time I ever gave a republican speech from a democratic platform."
    Last edited by Citizen; 10-13-2012 at 02:21 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Only city folks would consider dumping manure an insult. Country folks would say, "Ma, grab the wheelbarrow, we jes' got some free manure!"
    I would only consider it an insult of the above mentioned conditions applied. Hell, free manure is free manure it's normally great for build up the soil.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkey View Post
    It was a false flag operation.
    And what a crappy job they did, too.

Lifetime member, Gun Owners of America (http://gunowners.org/)
    Lifetime member, Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership (http://jpfo.org/)
    Member, Fraternal Order of Eagles since 8/02 (http://www.foe.com/)

Registering gun owners to prevent crime, is like registering Jews to prevent a HOLOCAUST.

I am not a lawyer in real life, or in play life. So anything I say is for debate and discussion only.

The obvious answer is to mandate non-digestible tags in all animal feeds, so that manure can be tested and traced back to point of origin. Of course, the real point of this is to catch the big business manufacturers of animal feed being used to make the products used in such crimes, not to catch the criminals or prevent the crimes. The Democrats should be thankful for being part of the impetus of this common-sense legislation.
    Last edited by MAC702; 10-13-2012 at 01:08 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan 5 View Post
    And what a crappy job they did, too.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Centurion
    Maybe no one has been charged because, the majority of people in the area wanted that to happen.
    A couple of thoughts about the previous...

First, this is the EXACT reason the Founder's of our Country did not establish a DEMOCRACY!

2nd, this is also the reason we have Constitutionally protect pre-existing RIGHTS!

3rd, an affront to the rights of ANY person, is an affront to the RIGHTS of ALL!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Centurion
    Well, it does need a place for it to dry out before it could be burned you know. That looks like a great spot for it to dry out at.

So.... The location looked sunny and dry to me.
    Are you suggesting a surplus of HOT AIR may be found at a political office location?
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Are they sure it was horse?

Should have been donkey poop.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    A couple of thoughts about the previous...

First, this is the EXACT reason the Founder's of our Country did not establish a DEMOCRACY!

2nd, this is also the reason we have Constitutionally protect pre-existing RIGHTS!

3rd, an affront to the rights of ANY person, is an affront to the RIGHTS of ALL!
    My statement was meant as a poke at the fact it was dumped at the democratic building.
    If they are truly democrats and my first statement was true then they cannot complain.

If they are claiming to be democrats and do complain providing that it was the majority of people who wanted that manure dumped there then they are in fact NOT democrats at all and need to come out and admit the truth about their beliefs. They also need to admit that our country is not a democracy and is in fact a republic like you pointed out.

Again the statement was to make fun of the democratic party's claimed beliefs.

I knew about the points you made already.

Centurion

My statement was meant as a poke at the fact it was dumped at the democratic building.
    If they are truly democrats and my first statement was true then they cannot complain.

If they are claiming to be democrats and do complain providing that it was the majority of people who wanted that manure dumped there then they are in fact NOT democrats at all and need to come out and admit the truth about their beliefs. They also need to admit that our country is not a democracy and is in fact a republic like you pointed out.

Again the statement was to make fun of the democratic party's claimed beliefs.

I knew about the points you made already.
    No offense intended and yes, I did recognize your sarcasm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    No offense intended and yes, I did recognize your sarcasm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for this.

Some people don't know it when they see it and I don't have a feel for yours style yet.

Looked at the picture and all I saw was a pile of old democratic speeches.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeper1 View Post
    Looked at the picture and all I saw was a pile of old democratic speeches.

Use the zoom tool on your browser and you will plenty of republican speeches mixed in. Over on the side there is even a Ben Bernanke press conference transcript--looks like the one he gave mid-summer 2008 when he said the banks were sound and the system was fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast