• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pile Of Manure Dumped On An Ohio Democratic Headquarters - OT

eye95

This was a despicable and uncivil act. Let's aggressively take on those who politically work to deprive us of our God-given rights, but let's do it by intellectually dismantling them rhetorically. Committing crimes--and this was a crime--demeans those who oppose the Democrat Party and elevates that party.

Fortunately, the Dems were too incompetent politically to notice the opportunity this dumping presented. The smart move would have been to take the high road and make an event of making this available to home gardeners for free, maybe spend some campaign funds to deliver it. That would be a positive story nationwide for the Dems and consequently a negative story nationwide for their opponents. Instead, the perpetrators come off as merry pranksters, and the Dems are the old fart down the street calling the cops on some high-spirited kids.

Uncivil act by the perps. Stupid play by the Dems. Perps--unfortunately--win.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Fallschirjmäger

Unfortunately, I too, can remember instances of vandalized campaign headquarters that in the end turned out to have been "vandalized" by the same party that reported the incident.
Until I see some sort of proof that it was the other party, I'm going to remain skeptical.

OC for ME

I must retract my initial partisan comment.

Despicable? Maybe.

Uncivil? Maybe.

There is a "barn" type building behind the building and it is possible that a load of fertilizer was delivered to the incorrect location.

Not enough facts to say one way or the other. If and when the investigation is complete a informed response, if required, will be provided.

Freedom1Man

I have to disagree... :) I think it is a waste of perfectly good manure.

How do you know? The horses could have been fed that GMO hay or the hay could have been sprayed with some herbicide that passes through the horses unaffected. Both of those would make the manure only worth burning or dropping where it was dropped.

carolina guy

How do you know? The horses could have been fed that GMO hay or the hay could have been sprayed with some herbicide that passes through the horses unaffected. Both of those would make the manure only worth burning or dropping where it was dropped.

Burning the manure is already a higher purpose! :)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Only city folks would consider dumping manure an insult. Country folks would say, "Ma, grab the wheelbarrow, we jes' got some free manure!"

Ronald Reagan told the joke:

A republican was campaigning in a solidly democrat rural district. He walked up to a farm and asked the farmer if he could talk to him and the Mrs., introducing himself as a republican. They farmer told him to wait right there because Ma had never seen a republican, and took off to get Ma. The republican looked around for a stump. All he could find was a pile of manure, so he stood on top of that to give his little speech. The farmer returned with Ma; the republican gave his little speech. The farmer thanked him, remarking this was the first republican speech he heard. The republican replied,

"This is the first time I ever gave a republican speech from a democratic platform."

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
The obvious answer is to mandate non-digestible tags in all animal feeds, so that manure can be tested and traced back to point of origin. Of course, the real point of this is to catch the big business manufacturers of animal feed being used to make the products used in such crimes, not to catch the criminals or prevent the crimes. The Democrats should be thankful for being part of the impetus of this common-sense legislation.

Last edited:

JoeSparky

Centurion
Maybe no one has been charged because, the majority of people in the area wanted that to happen.

A couple of thoughts about the previous...

First, this is the EXACT reason the Founder's of our Country did not establish a DEMOCRACY!

2nd, this is also the reason we have Constitutionally protect pre-existing RIGHTS!

3rd, an affront to the rights of ANY person, is an affront to the RIGHTS of ALL!