• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Attorney gives Open Carry Presentation

hrdware

Oklahoma City Attorney Doug Freisen will be putting on a presentation to include topics such as rights and responsibilities, interactions and how to deal with law enforcement. This presentation is free and will be held at H&H Gun range (400 S Vermont Ste 110, Oklahoma City, OK) on Tuesday October 30, 2012, 6:00 PM.

Last edited by a moderator:

mlr

If someone could either record what he talks about or post any handouts that he gives I would appreciate it.
This would be great for those of us out in the boonies. As well as those who can't afford to travel much.

Michael

Archerman99

All and all the presentation has good.
Technically it was less of a presentation and more of a question and answer session for an attorney.
Not sure if anyone recorded it or not, but I'm sure more opinions on the meeting will be coming along shortly.

My suggestion would be to read the SDA Handbook on the OSBI website, or read the hard copy you get at the SDA/CCL class.
Read it...read it again...then read it one more time. If you have questions about the law directly out of the book, most people here will be able help clarify them (of course with the disclaimer "I am not an attorney")

Personally, I think most everything in there is fairly self explanatory, but there is plenty left up to interpretation and plenty of undefined verbiage that may have to be defined by Oklahoma Case Law.

I think lots of reading, research and asking questions is the key to getting to know as much as possible.
I think education should be first and foremost when deciding to carry a firearm, open or concealed.

Carry on!