• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moveing to OK

1911er

I currently have A Washington permit when I get Moved to OK. what is the process to get an OK. permit will I need to go through the classes and all that or will they just transfer my valid Wa. permit to an Ok. one once I have A place.

hrdware

I currently have A Washington permit when I get Moved to OK. what is the process to get an OK. permit will I need to go through the classes and all that or will they just transfer my valid Wa. permit to an Ok. one once I have A place.

Unless you have a qualified exemption per Title 21 Section 1290.15, you will have to take the class.

okiephlyer

You will be in the other end of the state, so I can't help as far as what is available. But you have family, so they should be able to help. Again, welcome to Oklahoma.

1911er

You will be in the other end of the state, so I can't help as far as what is available. But you have family, so they should be able to help. Again, welcome to Oklahoma.

Thanks its actualy a welcome back I grew up there went to school in Duncan and at OU but then enlisted in the service and was gone till 95 lived there for A short time moved to WA. and married my lovely bride and now I have finally talked her into moving back to God's country.

1245A Defender

Well,,,,

Thanks its actualy a welcome back I grew up there went to school in Duncan and at OU but then enlisted in the service and was gone till 95 lived there for A short time moved to WA. and married my lovely bride and now I have finally talked her into moving back to God's country.

Hi there, my old friend...
Go to "handgunlaw.us" click on Oklahoma, and read EVERTHINGTHING!!! you will learn all the stuff you need to know....

Keep in touch and dont forget,,, you already LOOK like you STILL belong there..

And to my Oklamoma friends,,,, treat him right,,,, or Ill think about cominng down there and having a talk with you.
Its the thought that counts,,, right?

Last edited:

hrdware

Hi there, my old friend...
Go to "handgunlaw.us" click on Oklahoma, and read EVERTHINGTHING!!! you will learn all the stuff you need to know....

Keep in touch and dont forget,,, you already LOOK like you STILL belong there..

And to my Oklamoma friends,,,, treat him right,,,, or Ill think about cominng down there and having a talk with you.
Its the thought that counts,,, right?

While handgunlaw.us has a lot of stuff, they don't even touch open carry. Read the SDA Law Book, it will cover everything.

ethorman

I'm down in SW OK probably about a hour drive to your east. If you have any questions about the local area feel free to ask. Altus has a indoor handgun range from what I understand is pretty nice. (Never been)