Thread: What a joke

Thumbs down What a joke

A series of bad decisions.
    Scott

Glock 23
    White Hat iwb MaxTuck Holster

Banned
    Still don't know all the facts ... so I am not too quick to judge this one ...

What does this have to do with carry issues?

It's normally considered bad form to link to a news article without providing a summary of the article and/or something of a commentary on the content. The title itself is a commentary but it might lead one to wonder if the "joke" was the person wielding the gun or the response by the police.

Quote Originally Posted by amaixner View Post
    Now that you mention it I'm not so sure myself. I'd guess this does reflect poorly on those that carry if it can be shown this person was licensed to do so. Given his actions I would believe his actions have voided the validity of his permit. Also, since it appears this incident happened on his own property I'd believe no permit would have been required to carry.

Do you support this individual? He sounds like a real Ahole from what's reported. If my teenage daughter were trying to leave with some hooligans I might not react well but this sounds like overkill. He threatened them and tried to detain them.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkey View Post
    Do you support this individual? He sounds like a real Ahole from what's reported. If my teenage daughter were trying to leave with some hooligans I might not react well but this sounds like overkill. He threatened them and tried to detain them.
    You forgot that these are allegations, not admitted or proven actions. Regardless, I fail to see what this article has to do with this forum. We don't post every article about every hoodrat holding up the local stop-and-rob.

You forgot that these are allegations, not admitted or proven actions. Regardless, I fail to see what this article has to do with this forum. We don't post every article about every hoodrat holding up the local stop-and-rob.
    You're right on this being posted in the wrong forum. However I stand by my statement. Does the OP support this man and think that threatening deadly force and abusing your daughter is acceptable? What exactly is the joke? Do I have it backwards?

I could care less if these are allegations or not. We comment on articles all the time prior to conviction. This is a forum, not a court of law.

Nothing. Sounds like this father lost his cool when dealing with a child. If I have learned one thing from having kids is this. Patience is virtue.
    The only terrorists I see nowadays are at the Capital.

The statements made in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of OCDO or its members.