• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What a joke

IA_farmboy

It's normally considered bad form to link to a news article without providing a summary of the article and/or something of a commentary on the content. The title itself is a commentary but it might lead one to wonder if the "joke" was the person wielding the gun or the response by the police.

What does this have to do with carry issues?

Now that you mention it I'm not so sure myself. I'd guess this does reflect poorly on those that carry if it can be shown this person was licensed to do so. Given his actions I would believe his actions have voided the validity of his permit. Also, since it appears this incident happened on his own property I'd believe no permit would have been required to carry.

amaixner

Do you support this individual? He sounds like a real Ahole from what's reported. If my teenage daughter were trying to leave with some hooligans I might not react well but this sounds like overkill. He threatened them and tried to detain them.

You forgot that these are allegations, not admitted or proven actions. Regardless, I fail to see what this article has to do with this forum. We don't post every article about every hoodrat holding up the local stop-and-rob.

sharkey

You forgot that these are allegations, not admitted or proven actions. Regardless, I fail to see what this article has to do with this forum. We don't post every article about every hoodrat holding up the local stop-and-rob.

You're right on this being posted in the wrong forum. However I stand by my statement. Does the OP support this man and think that threatening deadly force and abusing your daughter is acceptable? What exactly is the joke? Do I have it backwards?

I could care less if these are allegations or not. We comment on articles all the time prior to conviction. This is a forum, not a court of law.