Thread: I need a law enforcement officers expertise.

Talking I need a law enforcement officers expertise.

Hello everyone! I guess I am not limiting this to cops only, but I am in need of some information! I am from Iowa and have an Iowa permit to carry weapons. I am going to visit Las Vegas in Feburary 8th-15th. What I need to know is several fold. 1. Is my permit recognized by the state of Nevada or not? I have seen one internet site that said it was and one that said it wasn't. I just need some clarification. 2. Iowa does not clarift whether a weapon must be carried conceiled or openly. Does Nevada? And three, other than post offices and school grounds, is there places that the state of Nevada say are off limits to carry my gun? Thank you all for your time and expertiese!! Sorry for my horrible spelling!

Joel

Liberty is so strongly a part of human nature that it can be treated as a no-lose argument position.
    ~Citizen

From the cop’s perspective, the expression “law-abiding citizen” is a functional synonym for “Properly obedient slave".

"People are not born being "anti-cop" and believing we live in a police state. That is a result of experience."

EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

RED DRAGONS!!!!

And by the looks of it. NO, your permit is not good here. http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/iowa.pdf

But the great thing about Nevada is, we are a Open Carry state.
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

RED DRAGONS!!!!

Yeah, actually you do NOT want opinions from cops. They are notorious for being wrong, and YOU bear the liability when they are.

Your Iowa carry permit is not recognized here.

But you can open carry here, with the expected exceptions, but more freely than many states.

http://www.opencarry.org/?page_id=272

Some of the information there is misleading. For example, it says under the heading "open car carry" that your weapon must be clearly visible. I don't know what they mean, but it is wrong. If you yourself are open carrying on your person, it is fine if the seat or seatbelt obscures the weapon. When your clothing does so is when you have a problem. If the weapon is not on your person, it may be concealed anywhere in the vehicle, or visible anywhere in the vehicle; we don't care.

While you would normally have the time to apply for and receive your non-resident NV CCW permit, the problem is that the required class must be taken within the state of NV. If you plan on visiting frequently, you can get the class done while you are here, and then you'll have a permit to conceal for the next time you are here. This can come in handy, as the resorts are typically anti-gun and will ask OC'ers to leave their property, but if you are concealing, they are blissfully ignorant, and you are not breaking any laws.
    Last edited by MAC702; 10-12-2012 at 11:04 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

If you do not want to go through the trouble of getting a Nevada CCW you could always get an Arizona one. You can do it all through the mail and if you already have a permit for another state then they just need a copy of that, some fingerprints, and 60 bucks. I believe AZ permits are still recognized here.

Yes, AZ permits are still recognized here, and they do not need to be resident permits, so that would work. It's good to know you can do theirs through the mail!

Here is the website with their instructions: http://www.azdps.gov/Services/Concea...mits/Obtain/#4
    Last edited by MAC702; 10-13-2012 at 02:56 AM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Yes, AZ permits are still recognized here, and they do not need to be resident permits, so that would work. It's good to know you can do theirs through the mail!

Here is the website with their instructions: http://www.azdps.gov/Services/Concea...mits/Obtain/#4
    Not only can be done by mail, but THEY MAKE IT EASY TO DO SO.... based upon personal experience...

Since Nevada and New Mexico no longer recognize my UTAH permit and I didn't want to give those States my money, I went with the AZ permit that is recognized by both of the other money grubbing States!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    SNIP actually you do NOT want opinions from cops. They are notorious for being wrong, and YOU bear the liability when they are.
    +1 We have lots of experience with cops getting it wrong on carry laws.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Not only can be done by mail, but THEY MAKE IT EASY TO DO SO.... based upon personal experience...

Since Nevada and New Mexico no longer recognize my UTAH permit and I didn't want to give those States my money, I went with the AZ permit that is recognized by both of the other money grubbing States!
    Are you sure you're covered? In Ohio they would not recognize out of state permits if you are a resident of Ohio.. basically required you to get a permit from Ohio...not sure how it is in NV..

Quote Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
    Are you sure you're covered? In Ohio they would not recognize out of state permits if you are a resident of Ohio.. basically required you to get a permit from Ohio...not sure how it is in NV..
    He has a Utah which is his home state. He wanted a permit that he could use when in NV. So he got AZ.

If he was a NV resident, he would need a NV permit, yes, but for the permits we do accept for visitors, you do not have to be a resident of the issuing state.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegassteve View Post
    He has a Utah which is his home state. He wanted a permit that he could use when in NV. So he got AZ.
    Doh, thanks.. I misread his posting....